Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tipping the mobile service ans service center techs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't Tesla announce a few weeks ago they no longer recommend annual service on cars?
I heard something about that after I had made the appointment, but I do not know all the details. Seems to me it is still worthwhile to do some PM, especially stuff like tire rotations (mine were overdue for that), the recommended brake service in winter areas, and the sunroof cleaning and lubrication. I agree that some of the scope I could do myself -- replacing wiper blades, fob batteries, checking lights, and so on. The technician said that going forward, people can choose what if any stuff they want done, so maybe I would schedule the service but ask them to do just certain steps. He was here a good four hours or a bit more, so I think I got my money's worth. Not sure how much I'd have saved if I asked them to cut out the easy stuff. Interestingly, there was a factory service bulletin to implement -- he replaced the drains on the bottom edge of the rear hatch. I had not heard about that and would not have gotten that done until the car got service for some other reason. Not sure how important it was, but he said it was to prevent moisture build-up in the tail lights. Apparently the plugs I had were not working correctly.

I have had two mobile service appointments and I tipped them both. On the one appointment he noticed my carbon spoiler was a tad loose so he replaced on the spot. You take care of me I take care of you.
and that's a quick slide into bribery culture where you get bare minimum and d*ogsh*t bad service.... *UNLESS* you tip... no thanks. I expect a loose spoiler on a $60k vehicle to be fixed by the manufacturer without tipping being involved.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
and that's a quick slide into bribery culture where you get bare minimum and d*ogsh*t bad service.... *UNLESS* you tip... no thanks. I expect a loose spoiler on a $60k vehicle to be fixed by the manufacturer without tipping being involved.
I disagree. You are welcome to tip or not, free country. When someone brings something to my attention and fixes it I believe in saying thank you. You may choose to say thank you with words but I like to add something extra. To each his own, I don't see how this is bribery?

Reactions: Gasaraki
I bring donuts, but not after the service, before. That way they (I hope) will take extra care with my car. They definitely remembered me when I came back later to pick up the car after service was completed...."Hey, Keith, the techs really appreciated the donuts, thanks for doing that!!"

Keith