Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All...

I am hoping y'all can help me out...I have a 2021 Y with a little under 10K miles. I was in the drive through at Starbucks and noticed a noise when I had my driver side window down, when I started moving...it sounded like tiny pebbles. As soon as I got home, I had a friend take a video, so I can send to Tesla. I am hoping the YouTube video will help with the noise description. Tire Noise the noise is coming from the drivers front and back tire and only the back left passenger tire :oops:

I did reach out to Tesla Service today and this is what I was told..."This is a normal characteristic of the hub caps that come with the vehicle. The noise should go away over time once they “wear-in”. Here is another option if you would like:Model Y Gemini Wheel Cap Kit. These would replace the hub caps completely and change the look of the wheels.

Please feel free to reach out if you should have any other questions/concerns.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what did you do to rectify it?

Many thanks!

That is not normal.

Pull one off at a time to narrow which one.

Probably some pebbles stuck in the hub area of the cap.

Yeah BS, break-in, they might eventually fall out.

If you can’t get them out try air compressor or water hose.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pianewman
^^^^Another complicated analysis. We still don't know which wheels the OP has.

Keep it simple: IF they are Geminis, the issue is probably the well-documented nibs on the inside of the wheel cover, which need to be snipped off.