Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Repair Kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem with slime and acoustic foam tires is the slime gets absorbed by the open cell acoustic foam and does not reach the actual puncture, therefore it cannot seal the hole.

So, I respectively disagree with the opinion that slime (or similar sealant) will work on acoustic foam tires.

The problem with slime and acoustic foam tires is the slime gets absorbed by the open cell acoustic foam and does not reach the actual puncture, therefore it cannot seal the hole.

So, I respectively disagree with the opinion that slime (or similar sealant) will work on acoustic foam tires.

No worries. Others have reported it does work, so there's that. It could be a hit or miss kind of thing, given the location of the puncture. I won't be using the slime myself, but rather one of the other tow methods I already described.

You aren't on board with the ModernSpare kit idea?

I purchased the 4000# scissor jack that came with that kit, a high end plug kit, and the Tesla compressor (and slime). I didn't want to take away precious cargo space with a spare tire - especially if I threw in the spare for longer road trips (where I would likely need the cargo space, etc.)