Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess when I stop posting here that will be because my 20 year old harbor freight Jack failed.

I ended up buying the orange 3 ton daytona from HF. I didn't want to because in the past HF was mostly low end stuff that you'd use a few times then it would fall apart, but it looks like most jacks are coming from china now and HF's stuff is coming from the same factory that even snap-ons are built.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Whats a good low profile jack? I have an old one that is leaking oil or something.

I don't want Harbor Freight stuff for things that can risk my life.
I have and really like this low profile jack because it also has jack stand functionality built into it. It has a round metal bar that inserts in one of two positions to lock it in a lifted position. smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OCIBPIM

I didn't have a strong enough jack, just a Kragen one I have had for decades. It wasn't very low profile, so I backed up onto a 2x4 and then onto a stack of 2x4s. I got one of those subsidized team hockey pucks cheap from Big 5 and a rubber stopper and a bolt. Jacked up the back of the car and both wheels came off the ground. So I swapped the 18" stock wheels front to back. Never put my hands or feet under the car.

57903966166__0528762D-7E01-4792-848A-69FB5E9A743D.JPG
IMG_7466.JPG

Really needed to rotate the tires, the rears were running low on tread after 30,000 miles.