Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire size options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they'll offer small wheel sizes for increased range, lower tire costs, more selection, and usually increased tread life. I don't care for the look of large wheel designs and don't need the stiffness that comes with a larger wheel in the handling of a daily driver either. Between those, and added range from smaller wheels, I'd prefer 17's.

Reactions: River and Falkirk
I took this photograph at the Jan 4 Gigafactory event. So there you have a datum demonstrating -
  • one possibility
  • of one demo mobile
  • created long before production vehicles
  • among one of any number of possible tire+wheel combinations
But at least it adds fuel to the seemingly endless conjecture over what I/You/Tesla/Aftermarketers could/should/ought/might/wanna do with a vehicle.

I'm not ranting here. As long as all those who are trying to glean information and expound upon possibilities do keep well-grounded and remember that (1) all will be clear soon enough and (2) the overarching-to-the-extent-that-nothing-else-matters raison d'être of the Model 3 is to bring to the world an affordable and appealing EV, then all is good.
IMG_2976.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: CameronB
I took this photograph at the Jan 4 Gigafactory event. So there you have a datum demonstrating -
  • one possibility
  • of one demo mobile
  • created long before production vehicles
  • among one of any number of possible tire+wheel combinations
But at least it adds fuel to the seemingly endless conjecture over what I/You/Tesla/Aftermarketers could/should/ought/might/wanna do with a vehicle.

I'm not ranting here. As long as all those who are trying to glean information and expound upon possibilities do keep well-grounded and remember that (1) all will be clear soon enough and (2) the overarching-to-the-extent-that-nothing-else-matters raison d'être of the Model 3 is to bring to the world an affordable and appealing EV, then all is good.View attachment 213275
I just want the red calipers......no matter what the tire size is.

Reactions: jsrawa
I'm getting the PXXX ( all buttons checked - except a few ), however I'm probably not going to opt for Tesla to color the calipers. I already have red glittered wrap for them.
Does it look as good? Like is the standard tesla caliper the exact same just not red? We all seen the Chevy Cobalts and Honda civic that color their calipers red in various way but no matter what it's just not the right caliper to be doing that.