Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of waiting for the factory Performance Badges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually the calipers are the same as AWD for P3D-.

This car is probably the most confusing thing I have ever seen in my life as far as models and options and what day you ordered it. Now I see there was an option to order the P without the P wheels brakes etc. How stupid. +/- shouldn't even be a thing. Either you got the P with everything or not . Now Knowing this I MIGHT have gotten the 3P without the brakes since I'll never track the car but I would launch it harder... At this point I've waited almost 3 weeks with no reply from service regarding a few items wrong at delivery... At this rate I'll never own another one due to a general lack of stability with this company

• Disagree
Reactions: 7racer and Perry
I feel your pain - I took delivery on 12/5/18 and had my initial appointment a week later for paint defects, chips and scratches. The actual appointment date to get the paint corrected is on 2/18/19 and they will have the car for at least a week.

Maybe I'll just call the main number then as opening a ticket on tesla.com and via my delivery advisor has been uneventful. I didn't realize there was a number. I also found some paint issues as well. I really don't care how long they keep the car I have 2 others this is just a toy and at this point a dissapointment. I will need them to figure out how to get me from the service center 2 hours away back home once I drop it off

Originally planned on keeping the de-badged minimalist look, but I decided to try mine on today and I think I'll keep them. The small font size is what sold me... just subtle enough to add a hint of sportiness without being obnoxious.

All the aftermarket badges are too "in your face" and super cheesy looking to me, and no one will know what P3D+ means anyways, so would just cause confusion. Obviously very subjective, and might take them off after a while, but here's what factory badges look like (color matched them with my emblems/trim/wheels).

IMG_6232.jpg
IMG_6230.jpg

Reactions: GTIceman
Originally planned on keeping the de-badged minimalist look, but I decided to try mine on today and I think I'll keep them. The small font size is what sold me... just subtle enough to add a hint of sportiness without being obnoxious.

All the aftermarket badges are too "in your face" and super cheesy looking to me, and no one will know what P3D+ means anyways, so would just cause confusion. Obviously very subjective, and might take them off after a while, but here's what factory badges look like (color matched them with my emblems/trim/wheels).

View attachment 366220 View attachment 366222

Nice so did they mail them to you or hand them over without installing them? Since you had them painted prior to install...

Nice so did they mail them to you or hand them over without installing them? Since you had them painted prior to install...
I stopped into the service center and asked if they had any in stock. They just looked me up in the system to confirm I was a P3D+ owner and went in the back and grabbed one for me. I took it home and painted/installed myself, easy as can be.

Now I see there was an option to order the P without the P wheels brakes etc. How stupid. +/- shouldn't even be a thing.

To each their own; there's quite a following of the Stealth Performance 3. I for one will be very disappointed if something happened and I can not replace my car as-is (speed w/o range loss due to wheels, etc). Soon I expect to have lighter, high performance parts on my Stealth..

Are you repainting your calipers to stealth black?

Black was an optional color on some previous Model S special packages. Aluminum/silver is the color of my brake calipers so black seems less stealth unless wait - will the car become invisible? That could be useful ...

So not actually stealth... Just pretend. I mean it is your avatar picture while saying you prefer stealth.

Hyperbole?

See this below? That's what I'd do if my wallet was a ton fatter.

tesla-roadster-franz-e1527757249886.jpeg

I fully admit I put the red underlined dual motor badge on my car. So ?