Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of waiting for the factory Performance Badges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As with nearly everyone else my P3D+ came without badges and the spoiler. IOU I suppose. I came across this set of badges and Abstract Ocean (Tesla Model Letters) and gave them a try. Figured for ~$17 after the "LivingTesla" discount code there's not much to loose if I don't like them.
I think I'm going to keep them even after my factory badge is ready...

Oh no...

I'm not spending another penny compensating for what Tesla said would be free. This is just pitiful.... They said this/that/and the other...and I've just had it. Where is my diecast model 3 that I didn't get at delivery time when they supposedly "ran out"? Where is my free gift for waiting in line in the rain....? Where is my carbon fiber spoiler that …….?

( Pause for 2 min ).

Ok...I've calmed down now...

I don't think I would be purchasing a badge. Thank you for making us all aware.

• Funny
Reactions: Mod3forMe
Picked mine up yesterday while I was driving by the Portland service center. Will be painting it gunmetal to match my trim/wheels/emblems and installing it myself when I get back to my car. Probably another few months for the spoiler.

IMG_6217 2.jpg

Oh no...

I'm not spending another penny compensating for what Tesla said would be free. This is just pitiful.... They said this/that/and the other...and I've just had it. Where is my diecast model 3 that I didn't get at delivery time when they supposedly "ran out"? Where is my free gift for waiting in line in the rain....? Where is my carbon fiber spoiler that …….?

( Pause for 2 min ).

Ok...I've calmed down now...

I don't think I would be purchasing a badge. Thank you for making us all aware.
I got them less for the "they weren't supplied" and more so for the "these look better"

It actually doesnt bother me that the badge isnt on my car. Looks cleaner.
Theres crowds that want to chrome delete, aluminum wheel delete, badge delete..
The more I look at it the better that the P3D+ has no badge or that spoiler.

The spoiler will also likely reduce efficiency at highway speeds. I have a P3D- and will pass on the badge. I prefer my stealth sleeper look.

The spoiler will also likely reduce efficiency at highway speeds. I have a P3D- and will pass on the badge. I prefer my stealth sleeper look.

The spoiler looks like an extension to the rear trunk; it looks like it would actually increase efficiency.

The aftermarket spoilers from TSportline, RPMTesla, MaierRacing, and Vorsteiner look like they would decrease efficiency due to being a raised lip.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbecks13
The spoiler looks like an extension to the rear trunk; it looks like it would actually increase efficiency.

The aftermarket spoilers from TSportline, RPMTesla, MaierRacing, and Vorsteiner look like they would decrease efficiency due to being a raised lip.

Tesla obviously designed the Model 3 for the lowest CdA possible. It has pull out door handles for Christ sake. There's no way the spoiler reduces drag. It likely ads to it very slightly.