Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of waiting for the factory Performance Badges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla obviously designed the Model 3 for the lowest CdA possible. It has pull out door handles for Christ sake. There's no way the spoiler reduces drag. It likely ads to it very slightly.
No, the spoiler is flush with the built-in spoiler. If it affects anything, it will affect the low pressure region behind the car.
tesla-model-3-carbon-fiber-spoiler.jpg

It actually doesnt bother me that the badge isnt on my car. Looks cleaner.
Theres crowds that want to chrome delete, aluminum wheel delete, badge delete..
The more I look at it the better that the P3D+ has no badge or that spoiler.
Yea, I got my badge and I'm undecided if I want to keep it. On one hand it's the only way to tell the car is a performance model, on the other hand who cares hah.

I wonder if it'll have an effect on resale values, especially to private parties.

I wouldnt trust the badging to see if it was a performance vehicle if I was considering buying a used one at some point. Way to easy to change badging on any vehicle. For the model 3 specifically, if you access the tesla "T" menu where the odometer is, the picture of the car there will also have a badge there that says "dual motor" with a red underline under it.

That is the way to see if its a performance model or not.

Reactions: PA ZU
I wouldnt trust the badging to see if it was a performance vehicle if I was considering buying a used one at some point. Way to easy to change badging on any vehicle. For the model 3 specifically, if you access the tesla "T" menu where the odometer is, the picture of the car there will also have a badge there that says "dual motor" with a red underline under it.

That is the way to see if its a performance model or not.
If placing an online ad you'd have to make sure to include a screenshot. People, in the future, might look for the badge and if it's not there might click away. Especially when all new cars may start coming with badging and a spoiler already installed.

You know, like in 2020 when we finally get spoilers... :p

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
Any P3D+ owners who took delivery in December get their spoiler and Dual Motor badge yet ?

I took delivery 12/28/18 and no badge or spoiler. My car rolled off the line 11/29/18 (I had a friend who works at Tesla pull the exact date for me). I am planning on getting both and storing them as I think the car looks great without them. Meanwhile, are we supposed to get a diecast model of the car too?