TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Titanium Model X's with HW 2.0?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Jrogville, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I was noticing on the Model S Options by Year web site that the Titanium color was removed from the Design Studio on Oct. 7, 2016. I'm assuming that is was the same for the Model X. Then on Oct. 19, Tesla announced that all vehicles being produced had the HW 2.0.

It seems that there is a period of time there that would have seen Model X's with the Titanium color being produced with the second generation autopilot software. Could you all pipe up if you have one? I'm curious about how numerous they were.

• Like x 1
  2. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I have one. There was a small window as you stated. I also was able to configure with the Obeche wood as well that was discontinued at the same time.

• Like x 2
  3. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Wow, lucky you. I love this color. I can't believe Tesla discontinued it because of lack of interest. I have a Model S in this color and every where I go people comment on it. I think they discontinued it because it must be difficult to produce. Lord knows they offer enough black/dark colors that they could have deleted one of those if they wanted to offer one less color. No offense to all you dark color people, I know it's quite popular. But Solid Black AND Obsidian Black?

• Helpful x 1
  4. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I am really enjoying the color and feel lucky about getting in under the wire for both Titanium and AP 2. I am going to get it wrapped to protect the paint. Plan to keep for awhile.

• Like x 1
  5. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

I had Titanium & Obeshe with AP1 car, that is the killer setup/style my friend!

6. rush6410

rush6410 Member

Unfortunately, mine is in the body shop right now. A nice Doctor side swiped me on a rainy Hwy. Minor damage. Can't wait to get it back for the new AP 2 update.

7. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I just noticed you also have the 20" Helix, too. Those are sharp. I don't know why more people don't order those; I think they're well worth the $2,500. Have you posted photos of your car somewhere on the forums? I know it would have been a long time ago.

8. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

Has anybody had their 20" Helix's painted black? I would love to see that...

BTW, to the OP, titanium is a favorite color of mine!

9. rush6410

rush6410 Member

10. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I agree with you. Must have similar taste. I don't think the standard wheel is up to par with the styling.

11. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Thanks a bunch for the photos, rush6410, it's an awesome car!

• Like x 1
  12. Wise1919

Wise1919 Member

IMG_3548.JPG
    I have one with the white interior! Love it! More people comment about the white interior with, you're brave...white interior?!?!? But I have had many say they like the paint also. In my garage under the lights it looks silver at some angles.

• Like x 2
  13. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

0E0693C9-3BDB-4F79-85DF-B39D7D29023F-14970-00000DAFF1F3E9E5.jpeg I'd like to see a Model X in the original Model S Brown! It is a different color, right?

14. DougH

DougH Active Member

15. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I've only seen the brown Model S in photos on the Tesla CPO site, but it looked much darker than the Titanium. I think it's in the vain of the Blue in shade of dark. Is that supposed to be a photo of the Brown? I think it's another Titanium. It looks just like mine, down to the Cyclone wheels.

16. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Pretty sure that's the brown...

17. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Here is a photo from a previous post with a brown and green. They look much darker than the photo above.

Green and Brown (Large).jpg

But then there's this one with more light on it seems to be in between:

_MG_2270.jpg

Here's another photo that doesn't look as good to me.

IMAG0137.jpg

The Brown is a pretty color, but I still like the Titanium better.

18. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced that was the reason. Where I live I see plenty of Teslas that color. My wife thinks that is the most beautiful color Tesla has ever offered, and I tend to agree. Hoping it comes back sometime.

19. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I think they had problems with the application of the color in the factory. When I took delivery, the SC noticed paint pooling. One of the body shops in Houston did an excellent job of repainting almost the entire car. I could have rejected, but would have lost having the color since it was discontinued. I chose the repaint. It actually looked better than day of delivery. I recommend Katy Coach Works in Houston if you need work done. They specialize working on Teslas.

20. Nosken

Nosken Member

I am lucky to have found a Titanium Metallic S90D with AP2. It is my Unicorn. Built 11/16. This color was introduced only a couple weeks after I received my original Pearl White P85D, on lease. I instantly fell in love with the color.
    I originally leased, because I knew that full autonomous driving would be coming down the road, and I didn't want to be committed to a car that only had auto pilot. Don't get me wrong, I loved the car and AP1.
    At the end of last year, with the urgency of unlimited supercharging coupled with AP2, and availability of this great color, I jumped in. I had my car fully wrapped in XPel Ultimate.
    Here are a few of my photos. You will notice the original 19" wheels. They are PlastDipped Black with Gold Metalizer. These are my Winter tires off the P85D. Tesla Model S Unicorn!

32177146064_4f8d50bca0_o.jpg

• Like x 2