Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Titanium Model X's with HW 2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was noticing on the Model S Options by Year web site that the Titanium color was removed from the Design Studio on Oct. 7, 2016. I'm assuming that is was the same for the Model X. Then on Oct. 19, Tesla announced that all vehicles being produced had the HW 2.0.

It seems that there is a period of time there that would have seen Model X's with the Titanium color being produced with the second generation autopilot software. Could you all pipe up if you have one? I'm curious about how numerous they were.

Reactions: Nosken
I have one. There was a small window as you stated. I also was able to configure with the Obeche wood as well that was discontinued at the same time.
Wow, lucky you. I love this color. I can't believe Tesla discontinued it because of lack of interest. I have a Model S in this color and every where I go people comment on it. I think they discontinued it because it must be difficult to produce. Lord knows they offer enough black/dark colors that they could have deleted one of those if they wanted to offer one less color. No offense to all you dark color people, I know it's quite popular. But Solid Black AND Obsidian Black?

• Helpful
Reactions: bikeandsail
Unfortunately, mine is in the body shop right now. A nice Doctor side swiped me on a rainy Hwy. Minor damage. Can't wait to get it back for the new AP 2 update.
I just noticed you also have the 20" Helix, too. Those are sharp. I don't know why more people don't order those; I think they're well worth the $2,500. Have you posted photos of your car somewhere on the forums? I know it would have been a long time ago.

I just noticed you also have the 20" Helix, too. Those are sharp. I don't know why more people don't order those; I think they're well worth the $2,500. Have you posted photos of your car somewhere on the forums? I know it would have been a long time ago.

Has anybody had their 20" Helix's painted black? I would love to see that...

BTW, to the OP, titanium is a favorite color of mine!

MiscDSC_3115__006_v2.jpg
MiscDSC_3110__001_v3.jpg

I have one. There was a small window as you stated. I also was able to configure with the Obeche wood as well that was discontinued at the same time.

View attachment 220744
I have one with the white interior! Love it! More people comment about the white interior with, you're brave...white interior?!?!? But I have had many say they like the paint also. In my garage under the lights it looks silver at some angles.
View attachment 220767 I'd like to see a Model X in the original Model S Brown! It is a different color, right?
I've only seen the brown Model S in photos on the Tesla CPO site, but it looked much darker than the Titanium. I think it's in the vain of the Blue in shade of dark. Is that supposed to be a photo of the Brown? I think it's another Titanium. It looks just like mine, down to the Cyclone wheels.

Here is a photo from a previous post with a brown and green. They look much darker than the photo above.

Green and Brown (Large).jpg

But then there's this one with more light on it seems to be in between:

_MG_2270.jpg

Here's another photo that doesn't look as good to me.

IMAG0137.jpg

The Brown is a pretty color, but I still like the Titanium better.

I think they had problems with the application of the color in the factory. When I took delivery, the SC noticed paint pooling. One of the body shops in Houston did an excellent job of repainting almost the entire car. I could have rejected, but would have lost having the color since it was discontinued. I chose the repaint. It actually looked better than day of delivery. I recommend Katy Coach Works in Houston if you need work done. They specialize working on Teslas.

I am lucky to have found a Titanium Metallic S90D with AP2. It is my Unicorn. Built 11/16. This color was introduced only a couple weeks after I received my original Pearl White P85D, on lease. I instantly fell in love with the color.
I originally leased, because I knew that full autonomous driving would be coming down the road, and I didn't want to be committed to a car that only had auto pilot. Don't get me wrong, I loved the car and AP1.
At the end of last year, with the urgency of unlimited supercharging coupled with AP2, and availability of this great color, I jumped in. I had my car fully wrapped in XPel Ultimate.
Here are a few of my photos. You will notice the original 19" wheels. They are PlastDipped Black with Gold Metalizer. These are my Winter tires off the P85D. Tesla Model S Unicorn!

32177146064_4f8d50bca0_o.jpg