Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Save the Date - July 18-20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding factory tours: So first off, I arranged those last year as a separate activity from the conference. Tesla Marketing was kind enough to make it happen for us before. This year the venue is about 90 miles away from the factory, so not nearly as easy to make it happen.

But I will look into a possibility for before or after the conference/Refuel. You've been heard. :) I'll see what the Tesla folks say about this year. I do know that things are a little more fast and furious over there right now, but it doesn't mean they won't say yes. (And they'd probably rather have one phone call than 100 about this!)

I'll report back within the week. Okay by everyone?

Thanks Bonnie...

I see others have asked for Friday... Monday morning would also be great for those of us participating in REFUEL on Sunday...

Thanks Bonnie...

I see others have asked for Friday... Monday morning would also be great for those of us participating in REFUEL on Sunday...

Tesla has a link to these requests - it really will be up to them. The tours are disruptive to the manufacturing floor, so I know (from last year) that it takes a few layers of approvals to make it happen. If it does, it will be thanks to Tesla (not me or the conference). So stay tuned. :)

Registered earlier today.

I love the 14 in the red circle below our names/handle. I was hoping you would do this before the event this year. A great way to see who we will be meeting.

Great job Doug and all involved.

I know ere was some confusion on the hotel's cancellation policy, so we called and asked. Inside of 7 days, there is a one night's charge. Outside of that, you should be fine. This is especially important for us.. We can never guarantee attendance to an any event.

I know ere was some confusion on the hotel's cancellation policy, so we called and asked. Inside of 7 days, there is a one night's charge. Outside of that, you should be fine. This is especially important for us.. We can never guarantee attendance to an any event.
That's good - the wording is very misleading. I just registered / reserved a hotel room and was a little freaked out about the "minimum one day charge".

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla has a link to these requests - it really will be up to them. The tours are disruptive to the manufacturing floor, so I know (from last year) that it takes a few layers of approvals to make it happen. If it does, it will be thanks to Tesla (not me or the conference). So stay tuned. :)
I would LOVE to take the tour. Considering driving. So Friday during the day or Sunday during the day would be best. Oh wait, is the factory running 7 days a week? :)

That's good - the wording is very misleading. I just registered / reserved a hotel room and was a little freaked out about the "minimum one day charge".

Thanks for that. The hotel cancellation policy is if you give them at least 7 days notice before your check in date, you should be able to cancel without penalty. I can talk to them about rewording it.

I was just about to ask about that, are these talks to be 10 minute panels like last time or longer? What if a person has several good topics? Should he submit all of the ideas to let the committee decide or just send 1?
Submit all. Perhaps rank them. We'll tailor the format to what makes sense for the content. You can come back to the form and add or edit stuff as you wish, so perhaps start with your main idea.

Submit all. Perhaps rank them. We'll tailor the format to what makes sense for the content. You can come back to the form and add or edit stuff as you wish, so perhaps start with your main idea.
I hate to nitpick but...

What's the story with the video for sessions from last year? Should I drop by cinergi's house to watch them? I feel like I missed episode 1 of some sessions that will have sequels in 2014.

What's the story with the video for sessions this year? Do we have everything lined up to record all of them and make them available within a month or two after the event? If not, do you have recommendations for how attendees might be able to help make this happen? (Should we all have our phones recording videos and the vote on who has the best one on youtube? ;))