Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Save the Date - July 18-20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly off topic--I assume there will be charging infrastructure set up @ the hotel as done last year. Might also need an 'air traffic controller' at the Gilroy superchargers...gonna be busy!!!

Gilroy has 10 charging pedestals now, the most of any Supercharger site, and it is set up for even more expansion. For those coming from the north, it's only 42 miles from Fremont to Gilroy with another 8 stalls at Fremont. Maybe Tesla should add some more capacity to Gilroy and Fremont before July.

Where TTC (Tesla Traffic Control) will really be needed is when the convoy of Teslas rolls east to west and passes some of those 4 and 6 stall sites.

To clear up any confusion Doug posted this earlier today in a closed thread.

A number of you have received emails about another EV conference taking place this summer in California, implying it is the followup event to last summer's TMC conference.

To clear up any confusion, TMC Connect is TMC's followup to last year. While there are some volunteers from last year involved in the other event, the majority of steering committee members from last year's are involved in TMC Connect. Also TMC specifically stated last year that attendee contact information was not to be used without our permission for any purpose other that last years event.

We would prefer not to discuss further, for legal and other reasons, but mostly because we would like to stay focused on making this an even better event than last year. The focus should be on YOU and not the event organizers, because your interests and enthusiasm were what made it so successful last year.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/29129-Post-deleting?p=614900&viewfull=1#post614900

Larry

Last edited:
Regarding factory tours: So first off, I arranged those last year as a separate activity from the conference. Tesla Marketing was kind enough to make it happen for us before. This year the venue is about 90 miles away from the factory, so not nearly as easy to make it happen.

But I will look into a possibility for before or after the conference/Refuel. You've been heard. :) I'll see what the Tesla folks say about this year. I do know that things are a little more fast and furious over there right now, but it doesn't mean they won't say yes. (And they'd probably rather have one phone call than 100 about this!)

I'll report back within the week. Okay by everyone?

Regarding factory tours: So first off, I arranged those last year as a separate activity from the conference. Tesla Marketing was kind enough to make it happen for us before. This year the venue is about 90 miles away from the factory, so not nearly as easy to make it happen.

But I will look into a possibility for before or after the conference/Refuel. You've been heard. :) I'll see what the Tesla folks say about this year. I do know that things are a little more fast and furious over there right now, but it doesn't mean they won't say yes. (And they'd probably rather have one phone call than 100 about this!)

Thanks, Bonnie! I didn't look at a map before my comment; I didn't realize the factory was 90 miles away. Might make sense for Friday morning/afternoon before the conference.

Thank you Bonnie! I had just assumed that a factory tour would be part of this. Also, do you guys know when you will be able to release more details on the lineup for Saturday?

Thanks very much Bonnie! Yes for me it would be nice to have the tour mid/late afternoon on the Friday as I travel in the morning arriving mid-day in San Fran. Hope that could work for others as well.