Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost feel like cancelling my order after reading all that, and i got an actual delivery date for once!

This all feels like being stuck in an airport on the way to an expensive holiday while all the flights are cancelled due to a light dusting of snow...
Yeah, and hearing that you might get moved to a hotel that's still under construction!

I am probably going to cancel my order. A mate of mine (not on this forum) cancelled his order recently and they couldn't have been less bothered! They just told him he'd get his deposit refunded within the week...click. No follow-up email, nothing. I found hearing that concerning so I know precicely what to expect. My reasoning for cancelling is here...
19” wheels looking to cancel order --> #15
Still, I love the car and I know there will be loads of ecstatic and enthusiastic owners out there. I want to hear from you all and all about the experience of real-life ownership and I really like this forum so I will be around keeping an eye on progress. I find the EV revolution as fascinating as the Model 3 launch itself.

If I cancel, I'll be chugging our dinosaur fumes for a couple more years, but at least I won't be contributing to increased amounts of SF6 (sulphur hexafluoride)!

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Sirricardo
Yeah, and hearing that you might get moved to a hotel that's still under construction!

I am probably going to cancel my order. A mate of mine (not on this forum) cancelled his order recently and they couldn't have been less bothered! They just told him he'd get his deposit refunded within the week...click. No follow-up email, nothing. I found hearing that concerning so I know precicely what to expect. My reasoning for cancelling is here...
Still, I love the car and I know there will be loads of ecstatic and enthusiastic owners out there. I want to hear from you all and all about the experience of real-life ownership and I really like this forum so I will be around keeping an eye on progress. I find the EV revolution as fascinating as the Model 3 launch itself.

If I cancel, I'll be chugging our dinosaur fumes for a couple more years, but at least I won't be contributing to increased amounts of SF6 (sulphur hexafluoride)!

there are a lot of boats incoming. maybe just hold on a wee bit longer.

I am one of 22 on that site they are missing

Absolute omnishambles, I suppose it is for this very reason the insurance companies don't believe the M3s have a tracker fitted.

This all feels like being stuck in an airport on the way to an expensive holiday while all the flights are cancelled due to a light dusting of snow...

This has happened to me on a few occasions, the irony being that I was on my way for a snowboard trip to the mountains - it's the double whammy of the thing you are going for preventing you from going.

I just had an update via email (I'd sent the request), definitely person and not computer generated. I also spoke to someone this morning who said that the volume of cars coming in the next few weeks is very large (which we all know). I'd figure they'll sort you out fairly quickly, will keep fingers crossed for you.....

______

Morning Mark,

Thank you for your email and for your patience whilst we have worked to come back to you at the earliest opportunity. You have been assigned to a vehicle that is due to be ready for delivery during the last week of September/Very early October, we have everything ready for you so, as soon as your car is closer, we will provide you with your final invoice and confirm your delivery window.

We are pleased to read that you are eager to move into your Model 3 and you can be assured that we are just as eager and so are doing everything we can to get you into your car at the earliest opportunity.

We look forward to introducing you to your Tesla!

lack of smilie makes me unsure if you were being sarcastic re the ‘not computer generated’.

Received first and only text so far from Tesla, last Wednesday, with delivery appointment for 21st Sept in Leeds. Lease company had no idea as at same time they’d said Tesla say expect October. Appointment also shows in my Tesla account. Sorry to read of others woes and hope my car will actually be in Leeds next Saturday and others get theirs soon too. From my order on 10th July, for delivery 21st September, this would actually (if happens) be in line with the order or any new build car in my experience. As a backup I’d had a BMW i3 quoted same time for delivery late Sept, how glad I am I chose Tesla!!

Reactions: Fullerene
On a traditional brake setup, which Tesla may well be, if brake fluid in master cylinder (ie the one you are probably topping up) gets too low, it lets air into the system and brake system must be bled to remove it. Air in system is usually felt by sponginess in the pedal, inconsistent braking or longer brake travel. Of course, on a new car, or one where braking using hydraulics is used in more limited circumstances, these may not be obvious. Low fluid may also be a result of a more serious fault. Either way, brake fluid is not a consumable that should need topping up like oil and imho topping up is nothing more than a stop gap before getting brake system checked for leaks and air. Only then can someone safely say that not enough fluid was used to fill in the first place. It amazes me that Tesla do not know during build that the correct amount of fluid has/has not been added to the car, and that the system is free of air.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: RjbT3
So things have moved for me this week. I now have a new VIN in the 463*** range and have a collection at Birmingham Summer Hill Road on Monday morning - 16th September! My SC was supposed to be Stockport but they have been able to match me to a car in London that someone couldn't collect and have been able to move it to Birmingham for me so it's a bit nearer. I have had to change my interior colour to black in order to get this but I wanted to do that anyway after looking at some of the stories online of the seatbelt causing staining on the white seats.

Very happy and relieved and thankful to the delivery guys at Stockport for their patience. I would advise anyone who is desperate to visit your delivery centre and see what they can do in terms of matching you. Once you get talking to a "real" person i.e. not someone on the delivery line they are all great people and can't help you enough.

• Informative
Reactions: Fullerene and RjbT3
So things have moved for me this week. I now have a new VIN in the 463*** range and have a collection at Birmingham Summer Hill Road on Monday morning - 16th September! My SC was supposed to be Stockport but they have been able to match me to a car in London that someone couldn't collect and have been able to move it to Birmingham for me so it's a bit nearer. I have had to change my interior colour to black in order to get this but I wanted to do that anyway after looking at some of the stories online of the seatbelt causing staining on the white seats.

Very happy and relieved and thankful to the delivery guys at Stockport for their patience. I would advise anyone who is desperate to visit your delivery centre and see what they can do in terms of matching you. Once you get talking to a "real" person i.e. not someone on the delivery line they are all great people and can't help you enough.

How did you sort that out? I should pick up at Stockport but tbh I could do anywhere if it got the car earlier! :)

How did you sort that out? I should pick up at Stockport but tbh I could do anywhere if it got the car earlier! :)

I dropped in to explain my situation which was, cutting a long story short, that I was going to have to buy a stopgap or arrange a rental this weekend. I explained how I'm happy time change the exterior or interior colour in order to get it sooner and would be willing to travel. I am actually in Brum for the day tomorrow anyway so I'm stopping at a friend's house and collecting Monday morning. Could barely have worked out better really.

I would relax, postpone the collection, perhaps stay off the forum if that helps

Funny (not ha ha funny)....... I lost my matched vehicle despite having already paid for it already around about the same time - I'd be intrigued if it's the same one! However, as they say, don't hate the player, hate the game.....

I'd be concerned that the car will be ready on Monday with all the issues of cars not being there especially if you change your SC, hopefully it goes well for you though.

Yes seems the way forward, its too easy for the deliverygb team to say yes, put the phone down and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.