Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a frustrating wait, no VIN in source code, no calls or emails, I started making calls. The Delivery guys were no help, told me they couldn’t match me to anything and didn’t’t update my order when I asked to change wheels to try to speed things along. The people at the Sales centres are much more helpful. Having changed wheels from 19” sport to 18” Aeros, offering to change paint colour from blue to black and offering to pick up from anywhere in England, they have now matched me to my exact spec as long as I can pick it up from Heathrow next week and take a P- version at no extra cost. Bit of a no-brainier that one.
Time will tell if this works out but I think this supports the theory that there is a push to hand over cars as soon as possible and delivery centres in the south of the country are quicker to ship to.
Fingers x’d for next week.

Initial deposit - Jan 2019. Ordered 03 May 19. Order updated 20 Sep
Spec now is: P-, Blue, White Interior, FSD (cancelled July), 18” Aero Wheels

Which number did you end up calling to get that done out of interest?

So after a frustrating wait, no VIN in source code, no calls or emails, I started making calls. The Delivery guys were no help, told me they couldn’t match me to anything and didn’t’t update my order when I asked to change wheels to try to speed things along. The people at the Sales centres are much more helpful. Having changed wheels from 19” sport to 18” Aeros, offering to change paint colour from blue to black and offering to pick up from anywhere in England, they have now matched me to my exact spec as long as I can pick it up from Heathrow next week and take a P- version at no extra cost. Bit of a no-brainier that one.
Time will tell if this works out but I think this supports the theory that there is a push to hand over cars as soon as possible and delivery centres in the south of the country are quicker to ship to.
Fingers x’d for next week.

Initial deposit - Jan 2019. Ordered 03 May 19. Order updated 20 Sep
Spec now is: P-, Blue, White Interior, FSD (cancelled July), 18” Aero Wheels
There must be a glut of P-. I received a call yesterday offering me my spec in Black or P- with 18” Aeros. I declined. Fair play though to Tesla for contacting me and offering options to speed up delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
I too had a LR on order and was offered a P- instead. I was sick of waiting and said yes Get it on Thursday. Those listed are exactly same spec as mine and known as Long Range Performance. I was attracted by the no BS no Performance extras ie !8'' wheels. Mine was discounted to my LR price.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Followed up with Tesla today, having had the final invoice last week with VIN and a scheduled delivery date of 24 September...paid the bill but heard nothing since. So I called - they have matched me with a car and it will "definitely be delivered this month", but at the moment they don't know exactly when. So: 1. "Scheduled delivery date" on a legal document actually means "Guess". 2. There doesn't seem to be much recognition that having been invoiced for a car with a specific VIN and having paid for it, that vehicle is actually now mine..so kindly hand it over!! I guess they really are super-busy at the moment though, and to be fair the call I made was answered within a few seconds, which is way better than it was a few weeks ago.

But like all pending owners, I'm not feeling very patient:)

I had a Final Invoice 2 (FI2) and a date of Oct 9th a couple of weeks ago. Although I had Oct 9th date I was seeing others with same date being told they would see their car 28th Aug etc so made contact with Edinburgh on a 0131 number twice for an ETA as had FI2 and had the money in place to send, and need notice as have to travel from N Ireland so need to book ferry and flights. Not to mention it’s a nightmare finding the time slot with the amount of work I have on at the moment.

Second time round was told I now had no VIN and given some jumbo mumbo reason why ! When we know it just means someone down south got it instead !!! Arghhh

Anyone got a good email contact or phone number I could try to push forward the process ?

There's going to become a point where the enormous goodwill for the Tesla brand starts to give way to legal pressure. I know the Tesla brand and excitement means that people will put up with a bit of hardship - but there will come a point where a delivery date on an invoice will be used as evidence in court and there's loads of cases to base a judicial decision on. The law doesn't care that "but we do things differently here".

Booyaka congrats! was that in Edinburgh?! It’s just hard to comprehend the Tesla logic when u and I have ordered the same car SR+ white with black interior and I currently have no VIN etc when I did have one two weeks ago. Ok I only ordered on the day in mid July when white became a free colour but I was also an early deposit holder (although admittedly one who just waited a while to configure car for two reasons 1)cash crunch as had to update our other car after having another kid and 2) was waiting for white to become free as didn’t want black and didn’t want to pay for blue/red/white.)

Booyaka nothing against you personally just hard to see why Tesla puts your order ahead of mine or others etc if u understand !

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3 and Roy W.
Booyaka congrats! was that in Edinburgh?! It’s just hard to comprehend the Tesla logic when u and I have ordered the same car SR+ white with black interior and I currently have no VIN etc when I did have one two weeks ago. Ok I only ordered on the day in mid July when white became a free colour but I was also an early deposit holder (although admittedly one who just waited a while to configure car for two reasons 1)cash crunch as had to update our other car after having another kid and 2) was waiting for white to become free as didn’t want black and didn’t want to pay for blue/red/white.)

Booyaka nothing against you personally just hard to see why Tesla puts your order ahead of mine or others etc if u understand !

completely understand - nothing personal taken. Edinburgh it was

The only thing I can see that "might" be the difference is they may prioritise Scottish people purchasing the car using EST loan..... Not sure whether that has anything to do with it.

Totally see your point - I ordered 8th August and paid deposit same day, had done nothing prior to this at all.

Good luck - hope it sorts itself out asap for you and others.....it's a shambles indeed

Reactions: Roy W.
Status
Not open for further replies.