Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Whatsapp group - for launch and general chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tim... I wonder if there's a way you can prune out those that no longer want to be in it to make space. Probably some signed up and dont even use What's App anymore too. Not sure how other than calling for voluntary exits/removal, but it would be a shame to limit excited new participants at the expense of the metaphorical dead wood. The other way is to start a whole new group that people have to sign up for, then delete the old one after a period of time. There are probably other better ways?

Tim... I wonder if there's a way you can prune out those that no longer want to be in it to make space. Probably some signed up and dont even use What's App anymore too. Not sure how other than calling for voluntary exits/removal, but it would be a shame to limit excited new participants at the expense of the metaphorical dead wood. The other way is to start a whole new group that people have to sign up for, then delete the old one after a period of time. There are probably other better ways?

Hi Colin anyone who no longer uses whatsapp will drop out of the list completely. Similar to the forums, there are going to be people who don't say much but still follow what's being said.

When we get closer to our cap we can work something out I'm sure.

We have had the same issues in HK for our main "TMC Whatsapp group". I exported the entire chat to email, pulled it into a spreadsheet and sorted it. This showed who weren't active, or hadn't posted for a while. Those users were contacted directly and asked if they really wanted to stay in the group.

Our Whatsapp group was intended as a way to find each other at the July 23rd, 2014 initial Tesla Model S delivery event in Hong Kong. We kept the group and it grew ... and I have the history since back then, very interesting!

Emailing the chat, btw, is a great way to look for previous discussions. Just open it in a text browser, and use a simple search function to find answers to previous discussed items.