Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To order or not to order.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quote-i-spent-a-lot-of-money-on-booze-birds-and-fast-cars-the-rest-i-just-squandered-george-best-2-59-25.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Jaff
6% in a year? (Fyi...wit oil went up 12% in just the last 1 week alone) lol.

Hindsight is 20/20. Tell me what's going up 12% next week?

I've done well in the markets but it has risk and I sleep better having more of my money in rental properties that earn a consistent, secure, ~8% return, without counting for appreciating capital. There's no chance I can wake up tomorrow and find out a significant portion of my investment is gone with a rental property. That will happen in the markets -- it's only a question of when.

I waited for my X. I wanted kinks to be worked out before I ordered. I wanted to put away more money too. I hoped they would upgrade to 100kw battery and they did, unfortunately it was the week before mine was delivered . Ah, you can never stay as current as the technology changes. If you really need 100kw or if you aren't going to drive at all for a year wait. If not then buy the car and dont look back .
I got the car on 9/24 . I love it. I cant imagine driving another car (except S or 3). Sure the tech is not as current at the top of the line car and I do have to make an extra charge stop here or there---still worth it . It like a smart phone - new releases keep coming . you have to realize you can be fine without them . I love my car and am glad I didn't wait a day longer

It's pointless to buy top-of-the-line and let it stay there unused half of the time...

Life is short but unless you really enjoy throwing money out, get the cheapest used S you can find (with at least 1 year left of warranty) so you get your EV fix when home for the next year and keep your cash for the top-of-the-line when you return and can fully enjoy it!
(Only drawback, you mentioned towing capacity. Not an official option for an S, although on a used S that your plan on returning to Tesla, you might be ok with an aftermarket towing hitch solution)

The top-of-the-line in a year time will be BETTER than the current one (no clue/speculation from me as to what it will be)
and the used S clearly won't depreciate anywhere near what a brand new X P100D would in the next year!

SO after being on vacation for a month now.....with still 1/2 a month to go I don't think I can take this much time off.

I am going stir crazy to say the least, maybe it's just Hawaii and being in the states or maybe it's the place we are staying.

With that being said I think we may change our plan to do 3 months home with a little bit of work then treat ourselves with 2-3 week vacation. With that being said I think we are going to order here in a few days ( after the 17th the see if anything big will come up ) With that being said I've finally slowed down and started to think with brain and not my lower half. lol

For the X I want here are the prices

+ $1300 shipping

90D - $157,100

- don't like that the wing will be stuck up
- no red brakes
- 5.0 second 0-6 ( FWP I know )

P90D - $185,100

- getting the P but no ludicrous
- shorter range than the 90D
- get the active spoiler

P100DL - $213,300

- huge price jump, ridiculous almost
- longer range
- super fast for and SUV

Do I save $28,200 to go down to the P90D or $56,200 down to a 90D.

Let us be honest when buying this vehicle your buying most importantly sustainability and the latter is bragging rights / pride.

Is having the 100 really worth almost $60k? My other half wants a convertible for next summer and $60k is a healthy budget to put towards that.

I wish Tesla had a bargain P90DL white on white for sale right now.

From my personal opinion and experience, I would choose the 90D. These vehicles are much faster than the times posted by Tesla and feel even faster. The price jumps don't seem worth it unless you need the bragging rights although I have a hard time imagining a group of friends where all would have cars higher than $160K or SUVs faster than 4 seconds.