Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today’s price increase - garage door opener now $325

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$24.94; less than the price increase. 😁

767C58E2-2EB0-4450-865C-C9375F5BD442.jpeg

$24.94; less than the price increase. 😁

View attachment 662173
Good idea, however they could just steal this after breaking into car to get into garage/house.

When my Y arrives, I think I’ll just use the old school garage opener that I already have. Can’t justify spending over $300 on one.

I honestly don’t like the Tesla garage opener on my model 3. The opener on the screen doesn’t pop up until I’m about to pull into the driveway. And the pop up window is too small and it’s toward the right hand corner of the screen making it an unnecessary long reach.

Reactions: wynnek
Can't you push the button to force it to pop up, so you can open the garage?
Yes but the opener icon is even smaller. My main complaint is that the icon and the pop up are too small and they’re on the other side of the screen. I live on a moderately busy street. Tapping on that icon requires me to briefly look away, at the right side of the screen. And my finger would still miss maybe 3 out of 10 times.

Reactions: OCJeff
Good idea, however they could just steal this after breaking into car to get into garage/house.
If they break into the car to get the remote, they’re already in the garage.

If they break into the car when not in the garage, they’ll (a) also have to break into the glove box to get an address and (b) find out the address is a PO Box.

If they break into the car when not in the garage and they know where home is, then it’s someone that’s tracking you…you got even more problems to deal with.

Best save $300, get a regular garage door opener, and have it go towards dealing with ‘more problems.’ 😁

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
If they break into the car to get the remote, they’re already in the garage.

If they break into the car when not in the garage, they’ll (a) also have to break into the glove box to get an address and (b) find out the address is a PO Box.

If they break into the car when not in the garage and they know where home is, then it’s someone that’s tracking you…you got even more problems to deal with.

Best save $300, get a regular garage door opener, and have it go towards dealing with ‘more problems.’ 😁
Not worried about at home, Talking at a shopping center, movie theatre etc. lol
Good news mine just got here :)

My $300 opener is getting installed on Wednesday. Been sitting in the garage for 4 or 5 weeks. Was seeing if I could do without it. It is a nice to have but makes opening and closing the garage easier for my wife. That way she does not have to fumble with her phone MyQ app of iPhone Short Cut or remotes.