TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Today's Roadster Orphan

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Roadster, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

But its not a sport model.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The ad copy is sloppy and full of hyperbole. While it uses the word “Base” it also uses the word “Sport”. Quote: “This 2010 Tesla Roaster Sport 2.5...”. (I am ignoring the use of the word “Roaster” ;)

• Funny x 3
  3. thebabydoc

thebabydoc Member

[QUOTE="

Haha - sounds like a deal. I'm not sure I'll actually take the plunge but I decided that zero interest on $50K for the next ~four years was a decent price for the excitement and anticipation (plus the early adopter fun if I am in the position to get one).[/QUOTE]

That's for #'s 1001 and above. The first 1000 are founders editions nd require a $250K interest-free loan, err... deposit. At the Elon Musk rate of production, you'll see roadster #1001 sometime in 2030.

• Disagree x 1
  4. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

#344 ThosEM, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  5. Roadster

Roadster Member

2010 Roadster Sport
    VIN:
    #799 (US)
    Mileage: 34,000
    Price: $55,000 (starting bid)
    Glacier Blue 2.0 Sport in Fort Lauderdale, FL up for auction on eBay. Forged rims (powder coated black), Executive Beige/Beige Rally One int, ESS replacement (PEM issue noted). Previously discussed on tesla.com forum here.

s-l500.jpg s-l500 (3).jpg

Attached Files:

6. Peter.h

Peter.h Electric Newbie

Just to close the loop on this one -- I ended up buying it, for a price a bit lower than this. I was looking for a 2.5 within driving range from LA and under $60k ... And there were not that many choices. And this one is rather well optioned too :)

I was aware of the Carfax-reported damage (which happened during the first 5 months of its life) and apart from the slightly odd bumper gap (much harder to spot in real life -- the dealer was fair to post a picture that makes it obvious, looking much worse than it is) there appears to be no further damage (I crawled underneath and everything appears straight/original). The dealer also had a test report from the SC, attesting a clean bill of health after a recent service. (BTW, @Colasec You must have better eyes than me - I can't make out the color diff for the front bumper)

In the end I'm very very happy with my gamble so far. Just got back from a trip to San Diego and the battery seems ok (it was a 170 miles roundtrip, and I got back with 35 miles to spare (range charge/range mode).

I'm sure I could have found a better deal had I waited longer -- but then I would have had to wait longer :) (and none of our cars are in show perfect condition so I don't think I could handle the pressure of having to preserve a mint one!)

• Like x 7
  7. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Roadster 1305

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I hope you are happy. It is a great car!

8. Roadster

Roadster Member

2008 Tesla Roadster
    VIN:
    #357 (US)
    Mileage: 22,833
    Price: $63,990 (BIN + Make Offer)
    Radiant Red 1.5 in Windham, NH up for auction on eBay. Silver forged rims, body color CF top, SMC(?), UMC(?), HPC(?), Coverking cover. Previously discussed here.

s-l1600.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Colasec

Colasec Member

Congratulations! I'm happy for you! Enjoy it!

10. backmost

backmost Member

11. ChargeIt

ChargeIt Member

I don't know if this listing by an Oregon dealer is a scam on CarGurus, but this salvage Roadster is actually being sold at auction Jan 4th by Copart in the Chicago area:
    https://www.copart.com/lot/46691937/

12. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#352 TEG, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Is that "Carmarket" site legit?

2010 Tesla Roadster 2dr Conv Sport - Inventory | Carmarket Inc | Auto dealership in Beaverton, Oregon
    ( So, for $18K they will buy that salvage Roadster and fix it using Tesla factory certified repairs and deliver it to you in ~14 days...?!? Yeah, right... )

carmarket1.png
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergey-vostrikov-b70b7048/

CarMarket created by a former Russian banker ?

Бывший владелец банка «Камский Горизонт» открыл автобизнес в США
    "Занимаемся автокредитами, а не какими-то непонятными банковскими услугами" | Блог банкира

Новый стартап в сфере автоиндустрии CarMarket.net
    Vostoc Capital | Portland, OR | Startup and Small Business Financing
    CarMarket
    Auction cars can lose money | NewsWorld

13. backmost

backmost Member

14. Frisco-Dad

Frisco-Dad Member

15. backmost

backmost Member

For those of you who bought your Roadsters second hand, how did you go about financing the car?

16. Hall-Morin

Hall-Morin Member

17. backmost

backmost Member

This is great information, thank you! Are private sales preferred? I remember reading somewhere that the prepaid battery warranty can only be transferred between owners and not from dealer to owner?

18. Hall-Morin

Hall-Morin Member

They deal with both private and dealers. Sorry - I'm not sure about the pre-paid battery warranty. I'd reach out to Tesla for that one.

19. Rotarypower

Rotarypower Member

I used lightstream.....got a great rate mid last year but rates are higher now. All online, was approved in less than an hour. No issues.

20. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

I used Chase (whom I also bank with) on a previous Tesla. Combining auto-draft with the fact that I personally bank with Chase gave me an excellent rate.