Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the exterior CF looks like it's in pretty good shape. maybe just layers of dirt / dust when @thebabydoc saw it?
no dirt/dust...it's just a little faded in certain areas but as you can tell from the video 95% of the CF is shiny. just polish and then clearbra to protect your the CF areas (if not entire car) and it will always have that shiny, "wet" appearance.

• Helpful
Reactions: DeedWest
Roadster Sport # 1038 will be listed soon for sale. Listing here first:

I am the second owner of this lightning green roadster that I have enjoyed for 3 years.. Recent knee surgery has kept me from using my roadster so it is time sell.
All records from 2012. 1038 has been serviced regularly. Last service at the Baltimore SC in January 2020. No problems found. New coolant and brake fluid. The service warning still comes up so I will need to return to have it cancelled.
Current mileage: 26,815
CAC was 150.7 measured a few months ago. During the summer standard charge is 183 miles. Falls during the winter to 177.

Executive black interior
All carbon fiber accents
CF hardtop with Tesla soft case
Sony receiver with Apple Carplay
Complete second set of roadster black forged alloy wheels
Tesla car cover
Can Sr and Can Jr Hc Sharp adapters
120v and 240v charging adapters
2 piece brake brake disc replacement set goes with the car. Never had time/energy to replace the originals.
Complete set of pictures and service records link to Google drive below
Price: $62000.00
Tesla Roadster Sport 1038 - Google Drive

View attachment 527756 View attachment 527757 View attachment 527758 View attachment 527763
View attachment 527758
View attachment 527756 View attachment 527757 View attachment 527758
View attachment 527756
View attachment 527757 View attachment 527758

Wife's color too. Make a nice second car for me. Like the color a lot too.

2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
5YJRE11B881000207
Mileage: 16,274
Price: $29,000 USD starting bid (with reserve) - $56,000 BIN
Jet(?) Black 1.5 in Wichita, KS up for auction on eBay. Silver forged rims, soft top, painted(?) CF top, Premium Saddle/Black interior, infotainment pkg, SMC, UMC, HPC(?), new ESS in 2015.

$_57.jpeg

Attachments

• $_57 (5).jpeg
    $_57 (5).jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 55
  • $_57 (4).jpeg
    $_57 (4).jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 53
  • $_57 (3).jpeg
    $_57 (3).jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 51
  • $_57 (2).jpeg
    $_57 (2).jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 49
  • $_57 (1).jpeg
    $_57 (1).jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 2008 Tesla Roadster _ eBay.pdf
    733.2 KB · Views: 67
  • eBay Vehicle History Report.pdf
    530 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: ra88it
So... Did you buy it? Nobody's mentioned the front bumper but it needs a minor repair. I would buy that car in a heartbeat if I was looking for a Roadster.
I love the color. Wife loves Kelly green. So I show her the car, she makes a face pooh-pooh it. Said it's too loud to be driven in. I have paid off credit cards, save the 19K I owe on my Dec 2016 MS. Stocks came back save Disney, my loss was little more than what I owed on Model S (sold Dis). I plan to get a 2.5 or 3.0 Roadster this year, unless economy tanks into a depression. Then I'll wait.

yes, risky for sure. the only solution now is Gruber Motor Company and Medlock and Sons--if you're lucky to live in the US. I'm hoping there will be a 3rd party company that make something for us or maybe Tesla releases a 3.5 or 4.0 battery. battery technology will only improve and get cheaper...hopefully.
To be honest I'm waiting on Tesla to announce this battery day. With Tesla quietly stating the new battery pack upgrade for Roadsters is a year out, my thought is they will reward us. Hopefully.

• Love
Reactions: tvuolo and ra88it
I had a very pleasant correspondence with the owner of Vin 1404. He did confirm "the new battery was a straight replacement of the original, not the R80 upgrade". He also stated he could agree to a price of $80k, but not my suggested price of $75k.
R 80 in NC sold for little under 70. I know as I spoke to the Dealer. It was listed on this site, red with white pin stripes. Too lazy to look it up while working :- P

• Informative
Well I have two r80's that I am thinking about selling. PM me if interested.
Both are pristine, have new tires, and have been serviced by Gruber- one this week and the other a few months back.
Highly optioned including CF interiors and premium leather.
Metallic White 17K mi, Thunder Grey 33K miles. Both with CACs above 193
View attachment 540585 View attachment 540587 View attachment 540583
View attachment 540576 View attachment 540577 View attachment 540578 View attachment 540579 View attachment 540579 View attachment 540584 View attachment 540584
My preference has been the 2.5 noses, but damn that Thundergray and stripping is freaking hot hot hot.

Access to the supercharger network is also something the original Roadster lacks...

AWD.... 600 mile range? There is a lot to like about the new Roadster spec wise.

But the original Roadster may always be the epitome of raw / basic simple connected to the road driving experience.
The only Tesla that will have non-assisted steering for instance.
While I like the new Roadster, four seats, ah no. Besides the personal property tax for the county. Just to give you an idea, first year I had my Model S the property tax (after paying sales tax the year before) was 2300 bucks. General purpose that enough not for me to get the Roadster II

To be honest I'm waiting on Tesla to announce this battery day. With Tesla quietly stating the new battery pack upgrade for Roadsters is a year out, my thought is they will reward us. Hopefully.
Gruber is saying that it indeed will be made available. My guess is probably within the next 12-18 months. Probably not gonna be cheap though. If and when that happens I expect roadster resale prices to go up.

So... Did you buy it? Nobody's mentioned the front bumper but it needs a minor repair. I would buy that car in a heartbeat if I was looking for a Roadster.
Drewski you bougt the lighting green roadster 1038? Yeah the Elkhart one is the one I'm hoping to land.

yes, i bought #1038 :)