Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Olivia Newton John's roadster is the latest orphan:

Tesla Roadster owned by Hollywood legend to be auctioned for cancer research

Going for $32500 at present but likely will end higher.
^^^ Nitpick: Listing shows 0-60 in 3.7, but it is a non-sport, so 3.9...
Also says adjustable suspension . . .
Since the last comment came after a "nitpick", I'll assume that the intention was to say that this car does not have an adjustable suspension because it's not a Sport. However, it was certainly possible to order non-Sport Roadsters with the Sport Suspension.

EDIT: @hcsharp already pointed this out.

Not only is that what I chose for my original custom order, but it's also what my current "base" 1244 has. The only option that you couldn't add to a Base was the Sport motor itself - all other "sport" options could be added by the original owner when ordering a custom Roadster. Since I bought 1244 after it was made, it seems that Tesla also added the Sport suspension to a few Roadsters that didn't have an "owner" assigned at build time.

p.s. My understanding is that although the Roadster waiting list was fully booked in 2008 before they started shipping, by the end there were times - especially during the winter - when the waiting list was completely empty and nobody was signing up for a Roadster. Tesla still built cars during those times, because it was not really possible to stop the Lotus assembly line, and they just picked popular option combinations. My Very Orange Base has the Sport Suspension along with all of the other features that I wanted.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Since the last comment came after a "nitpick", I'll assume that the intention was to say that this car does not have an adjustable suspension because it's not a Sport. However, it was certainly possible to order non-Sport Roadsters with the Sport Suspension.

EDIT: @hcsharp already pointed this out.

Not only is that what I chose for my original custom order, but it's also what my current "base" 1244 has. The only option that you couldn't add to a Base was the Sport motor itself - all other "sport" options could be added by the original owner when ordering a custom Roadster. Since I bought 1244 after it was made, it seems that Tesla also added the Sport suspension to a few Roadsters that didn't have an "owner" assigned at build time.

p.s. My understanding is that although the Roadster waiting list was fully booked in 2008 before they started shipping, by the end there were times - especially during the winter - when the waiting list was completely empty and nobody was signing up for a Roadster. Tesla still built cars during those times, because it was not really possible to stop the Lotus assembly line, and they just picked popular option combinations. My Very Orange Base has the Sport Suspension along with all of the other features that I wanted.

I knew it was independently orderable. Just that a buyer should verify because of other questionable details like the 0-60 speed.

My wife is considering selling her Roadster Sport 2.5 #972. Very Orange, with carbon, and in very good condition, in the Los Angeles area. I sent a message to the Tesla email today and got a reply in less than two hours. They are going to get back to us, but as an initial matter I appreciate the quick reply and response, and having been provided a phone number and point of contact for the process.
Bad joke: There are so many bicycles hanging in that garage... it almost looks like you could sell them all and raise the same money as the roadster (kidding).

• Funny
Reactions: drewski
I put an ad in the classified section for my Roadster. No sense repeating it here. I do think it is one of the nicest, most fully equipped ones there is. Some people on the forum know the car....."djp" was the previous owner.

I would appreciate it if anyone knows about getting it registered in the US (it is in Ontario, Canada now), if it would be an issue.

Link:

2010 Roadster 2.0 - upgraded

Significant price drop. I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to sell the car, so the asking price was a bit of a trial balloon. Pretty sure I do want to sell it now, so I've dropped the price to $69,000. Oh, and it can be imported and registered in the US.

2010 Roadster for sale by Gruber
To anyone who might be considering this, be careful.

IF (big if) this is 933 then it was in an accident and MAY still have a bent frame in the right front and right rear.

Additionally, the crash structure and front bumper foam were made out of expanding foam (think Great Stuff).

Buyer beware.
118244023_10220157173658192_5564962694775272563_n.jpg

Last edited:
Oh daaaammnnnnn. I'm in love, with the color. My version of very orange. Sorry not paying 70K for Roadster that need new PEM / ESS and bushings etc. Thanks guys.
Thought I inform everyone Scott informed me yesterday #1349 found a new home. No it wasn't me. I know what it sold for as he PM me. However out of respect for his privacy I won't reveal it. He was kind enough to follow up with me and I respect that :- ).

Hope they get that.

Looks high for base + forged wheels? Anything other options?
This is one reason I don't have a Roadster. Personally I'm starting to think, wonder and or consider dropping coin on a new Roadster. My thought process is that by the time someone updates the PEM, ESS, 400 voltage regulator, shipping car and return trip, well past 1/2 point on a Roadster II.

Personally I don't want to drop that much coin into a depreciating assets (Roadster II) unless AAPL hits 300 after September 1, 2020 - then done deal :- P.

Or thinking waiting for Model S Plaid or MS update etc. Option C
while I don't want a ICE vehicle, a Lotus Evora GT starting to look better and better. My two cents worth.