Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2010 Roadster Sport Signature
VIN:
5YJRE1A37A1000806
Mileage: 2,796 mi / 4,500 km
Price: $54,174 USD / ¥5,824,000 YEN
Very Orange 2.0 Sport Sig for sale by Shoei Auto in Ama, Aichi Japan. Black forged rims, soft top, sport suspension, CF ext pkg, CF int pkg, Exec Black / Orange Rally One int, aftermarket stereo, non-OE HVAC knobs, NOS J1772 connector, SMC OE car cover. Note the "Signature" designation with no "...100" or "...250" appended as well as missing interior compartment plaque (CF mount only). Presumed to be one of the U.S. spec batch discussed here.

5.jpeg

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 55
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 59
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 57
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 55
  • Other USA Other (American car) TESLA Roadster.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Thanks Jason for the steps to get to the ESS SOC. The dealer was able to send me a photo of it. CAC is 111.91. He said it had a current range of 165 miles but I believe there are different Range indicators. I've seen within this forum that the Ideal Range is the best indicator.
I was able to cancel the purchase. So Sad, I was so excited. This dealer is by far the coolest guy. I suggested he become familiar with the CAC and Ideal range since he has purchased and sold a few Roadster through his shop. They are so gracious and helpful.

I was able to cancel the purchase. So Sad, I was so excited. This dealer is by far the coolest guy. I suggested he become familiar with the CAC and Ideal range since he has purchased and sold a few Roadster through his shop. They are so gracious and helpful.
keep visiting here every now and then...many good roadster offers recently. and they get snatched up quickly.

Reactions: ra88it
Get a halo9. Do it right. We are driving 6figure cars, why are we adding 15$ worth of failed android devices to them to avoid having the original double din parts remade or a proper single din put in? ;)
If I lever one, I was looking at the Alpine ILX 107 from my research. Clean lines, looks like OEM fits double din. Someone posted in her on it and it adds car play.

• Helpful
Reactions: ra88it
Asking for a friend, When garaging the Roadster for more than a month, is the storage mode the best charging choice to preserve the battery life?

Standard Mode is the best practice for a month. 90% of bricked Roadsters are due to charger failure during Storage Mode. It’s better to have 20-30 days to discover your charger has failed (if it fails with the car at 83% SOC), than 10 days or less (if charger fails at 40% SOC).

Also, HUGE important factor is to ensure it has a dedicated 240V charger. 110V does not cool the battery unless the battery reaches a very high temperature, and is the least reliable charger (for long term use) out there.

Last edited:
Standard Mode is the best practice for a month. 90% of bricked Roadsters are due to charger failure during Storage Mode. It’s better to have 20-30 days to discover your charger has failed (if it fails with the car at 83% SOC), than 10 days or less (if charger fails at 40% SOC).

Also, HUGE important factor is to ensure it has a dedicated 240V charger. 110V does not cool the battery unless the battery reaches a very high temperature, and is the least reliable charger out there.

Thank goodness for the CAN Sr and the UMC 1 @40a or the GEN3 @ 48a.
Oh...and air conditioned garages, by far those are the best out of all of the above.

Reactions: DeedWest