Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too Much Romance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
I was waiting in my kids' school parking lot for them to get out of school a week or so ago, and tried out the "Romance" mode to see what it did. I had my windows open, and Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" started belting out of the car. I urgently mashed my hands all over the screen to stop it as quickly as possible so that there were no misunderstandings. I also pushed a bunch of steering wheel buttons and scroll wheels, etc. It was quite a scene.

Fast forward to the next day, and every subsequent time I've gotten into the car, and the Romance playlist is selected and plays. It doesn't matter what I was last listening to, after the car sleeps, it wakes up and goes straight to Romance. Has anyone else seen this? Did I do something in my reactive terror to "lock" Romance mode into my media player?

Please, it's enough romance already.

I was waiting in my kids' school parking lot for them to get out of school a week or so ago, and tried out the "Romance" mode to see what it did. I had my windows open, and Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" started belting out of the car. I urgently mashed my hands all over the screen to stop it as quickly as possible so that there were no misunderstandings. I also pushed a bunch of steering wheel buttons and scroll wheels, etc. It was quite a scene.

Fast forward to the next day, and every subsequent time I've gotten into the car, and the Romance playlist is selected and plays. It doesn't matter what I was last listening to, after the car sleeps, it wakes up and goes straight to Romance. Has anyone else seen this? Did I do something in my reactive terror to "lock" Romance mode into my media player?

I have the same issue, seems to go away after a few days, but it's annoying. I just don't ever touch the Romance mode.

I don't know why, but the imagery of this is really making me laugh! Probably because I can definitely envision the scenario playing out with the windows open on a nice sunny day, kids running around the parking lot, and strange looks from the parents as you try and curtail Marvin from crooning to everyone!

I've not had this happen, but let us know if you sort it out....or if it leads to any other great stories!

Happy Anniversary btw!

upload_2019-2-13_11-38-30.png

Reactions: ohmman
I don't know why, but the imagery of this is really making me laugh! Probably because I can definitely envision the scenario playing out with the windows open on a nice sunny day, kids running around the parking lot, and strange looks from the parents as you try and curtail Marvin from crooning to everyone!

I've not had this happen, but let us know if you sort it out....or if it leads to any other great stories!

Happy Anniversary btw!

View attachment 376905
Hey thanks! I didn’t realize it had been 5 years. Wow.

And yes, it was hilarious. The scrambling and terror in my heart that everyone would look at me.. :eek:

Huh?

It takes like 45 seconds for questionable lyrics to even start playing. Some of us can make a baby given those time constraints.

Unless it jumps straight to the action?

Now as far as disabling romance mode. hmmm.. Try to turn it on again and then back off? Or try to toggle on Christmas mode and see if that knocks out the preloading of the Romance set?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Huh?

It takes like 45 seconds for questionable lyrics to even start playing. Some of us can make a baby given those time constraints.

Unless it jumps straight to the action?
It's not about questionable lyrics. It's more of a middle aged man backed into a parking spot with "Sexual Healing" at high volume. It's weird, or if it's not, then I'm weird. I found it funny more than anything.

• Love
Reactions: skitown and MXWing
It's not about questionable lyrics. It's more of a middle aged man backed into a parking spot with "Sexual Healing" at high volume. It's weird, or if it's not, then I'm weird. I found it funny more than anything.

You were in a HIGH SCHOOL parking lot. What else did you expect? (At least the song du jour was not "60-Minute Man" by the Dominoes.) That might have ruffled some feathers and gotten you summoned to the principal's office post haste.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Or try to toggle on Christmas mode and see if that knocks out the preloading of the Romance set?
I think this may be the answer but have not tried it yet since I don't want the risk of getting stuck in Romance Mode any more than @ohmman

I have seen this sort of thing on some of the other modes like the reindeer etc you could not escape out of unless you selected another mode that was more benign.

I think this may be the answer but have not tried it yet since I don't want the risk of getting stuck in Romance Mode any more than @ohmman

I have seen this sort of thing on some of the other modes like the reindeer etc you could not escape out of unless you selected another mode that was more benign.
As it turns out, it stopped on its own. I think it may have had something to do with visiting a bunch of different stations and pushing "Romance" out of my "Recents". But that's more of a guess than anything.