Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery this weekend. Panel Gap Shots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 49xxx built late July.

The rear pillar connection to trunk seems a bit wide to me and the door sticks out a bit when looking from rear angle in sun. I didn't get a pic of the charge door but it protrudes like others I have seen.

Other than that the rest of these seem ok to me. I can't say i have ever looked another of my cars this close so those may be the same.

Link here Tesla

I have seen worse, but if you're really nitpicky then bring it up with Tesla, and they will take care of you. I had one gap on the front driver side fender which wasn't flush with the silver trim of the front driver side mirror and they fixed it along with some other things but it took over two weeks, and during that time they gave me a BMW 3 series as a loaner, and it was the worse 2 weeks of my life. In hindsight I should have just left the car alone and not bother as I really was nitpicky and the gap wasn't really that big of a deal. But to others it may be a bigger deal.

I have seen worse, but if you're really nitpicky then bring it up with Tesla, and they will take care of you. I had one gap on the front driver side fender which wasn't flush with the silver trim of the front driver side mirror and they fixed it along with some other things but it took over two weeks, and during that time they gave me a BMW 3 series as a loaner, and it was the worse 2 weeks of my life. In hindsight I should have just left the car alone and not bother as I really was nitpicky and the gap wasn't really that big of a deal. But to others it may be a bigger deal.

The charge door and protruding door bother me. I’m going to tell them when I get time

The tail lights are normal (well for a Model 3, personally the gaps are huge there). I had similar gaps on my trunk in that same spot (drivers C pillar) among many others and they took care of it nicely. Just don't be demanding, the SC is usually really understanding and they want the car to be perfect as much as you do.

The tail lights are normal (well for a Model 3, personally the gaps are huge there). I had similar gaps on my trunk in that same spot (drivers C pillar) among many others and they took care of it nicely. Just don't be demanding, the SC is usually really understanding and they want the car to be perfect as much as you do.

The C pillar is the one that stood out to me. They can fix that? Interesting.

Friend took delivery of VIN 96xxx Thursday. I got to look it over fairly closely. It had the typical buldging headlights, but otherwise was impressively good, including paint. I don't remember his gaps looking that way for the most part.

I do remember the gaps between the front and rear window glass seeming sort of wide however.

I have similar issue with my trunk, i don't mind the gap but i want both side to look even, sent pictures to my SC and they said within spec!!

IMG_0076 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0076 3.jpg
    IMG_0076 3.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 208
People can you please put a ruler across the gap when showing pictures? As a stable reference for gap width. One with millimeters preferred.

Getting the camera too close to the gaps also makes them look bigger. Holding the ruler at arm's length across the gap would be awesome.