Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery yesterday... obsessing is not over...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ OP. I was exactly like you pre-purchase, post-purchase, and after taking delivery.

If I had to make one comment thats a downside. Living in the Bay area Model X is pretty common sight. Feels like it's as common as a BMW or Lexus on the road which isn't a surprise being in California and EV central.

By no means do I intend this to be a sexist statement or anything. But most MX drivers I see on the road are women which makes it feel like a soccer mom car. A really expensive soccer mom car, lol.

Looking forward to getting 22" Onyx wheels and chrome delete to set my MX apart from the regular look w/ silver 20" wheels.

Just my $0.02. Still love driving the car everyday.
Here in Switzerland you get to see one every once in a while. At least in my area. But I get the feeling that things will change really soon. I now see 3 or 4 MS a day. They used to be unicorns 1 year ago.

I think I kind of understand why the MX could be considered by some as a soccer mom car, if it is indeed driven mostly by women. It isn’t the case here though! As a matter of fact, I haven’t seen the first driven by a woman!

pics or it didn't happen
Haha... fair enough...

7249F1C6-0909-4A5D-9BA8-63C1C9B2274D.jpeg
E520FA5D-18F9-466F-9888-DCE2A3403811.jpeg
84E4D28F-C8EF-4851-AA79-11AB5D7EFC0A.jpeg
578986AF-D7D1-498C-A2D8-D68426D890D3.jpeg

The last one is next to my old Prius!

Ah, but have you NAMED your car AND garage space yet? Mine is Baby, and her spot is in the Crib. Yes, I pat the seats from time to time. <3 She's been mine for over a year now, and the love is still there! <3

I also took the liberty of naming my husband's S (Gray Ghost) who lives in the Crypt. ;)
I’m having a hard time with naming the car. I think I started too early and the list I complied grew out of control! I have now narrowed it down to three or four names that I keep switching :D

I had found what I though was my favorite name but a friend of mine ruined it for me for ever. She said it sounded just like the name of the mother of my ex-wife. And that she would call my car like my ex mother in law if I insisted on the name I had selected...

It traumatized me for life!

I’m having a hard time with naming the car. I think I started too early and the list I complied grew out of control! I have now narrowed it down to three or four names that I keep switching :D

I had found what I though was my favorite name but a friend of mine ruined it for me for ever. She said it sounded just like the name of the mother of my ex-wife. And that she would call my car like my ex mother in law if I insisted on the name I had selected...

It traumatized me for life!

We called ours "Big White" after our favourite ski resort. "Great White" would be good too or maybe "Yeti"!

Reactions: arubinst
Here in Switzerland you get to see one every once in a while. At least in my area. But I get the feeling that things will change really soon. I now see 3 or 4 MS a day. They used to be unicorns 1 year ago.

Yeah, I live in Zug and Teslas are all over the place since years. Not so many Xs, though. I think the rental agency sending out a survey a couple weeks ago asking who was interested in electric charging for cars in the basement kind of pushed me over the edge.... ;)

Reactions: arubinst
Looks like the config I'm considering: White exterior, white interior, 6 seats. Looks great! Congrats! Happy with your choice of seats config?
You won't believe this but I actually live alone and I haven't had the opportunity to test the 6 seats config the proper way :eek:. But I will, next week. I'm going on a road trip with friends.

I do like it the most, just because it feels like a living room inside my car. It's so roomy and open and clean. Just beautiful.

This is how I rationalised the 6 seat configuration... I hope I can explain this... :

A 5 seat config, will let you seat 5 people. Two of them will be very confortable and three will need to share a bench. They will never be really comfy back there. Not really...

A 7 seater is the 5 seat config with two additional uncomfortable people seating in the third row. Even if it is only one person seating in the back, the fact that there's the bench will make that space claustrophobic and tight.

The 6 seater is the best compromise. It will seat 5 VERY comfortable people. Two up front, two on the second row and one on the third row, with the legs between the two second row seats.

And it will seat 4 very comfortable people and two less confortable adults or two comfortable kids on the back...

A 7 seater makes sense if you have enough people to carry with you. I have never ended 7 seats.

So there you go. The 6 seater is just the best in my world. :)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Yeah, I live in Zug and Teslas are all over the place since years. Not so many Xs, though. I think the rental agency sending out a survey a couple weeks ago asking who was interested in electric charging for cars in the basement kind of pushed me over the edge.... ;)
Wow, that's great that the rental agency is doing that. I actually live in a condo where I also rent an apartment and I had to get permission from the owner and the agency that administers the building so that I could install on outlet (which of course I had to pay entirely).

We called ours "Big White" after our favourite ski resort. "Great White" would be good too or maybe "Yeti"!

Mine is called Double Stuf, just like the Oreo cookie.. it’s black on the outside and white inside.. Maybe Elon called this car the Model X because it’s like Xmas morning every time you get in to drive??!

I changed the name today to Morningstar. As I said, my list is kind of big... so it will probably change again...

Reactions: Tracey corselli
What is it with this car?

Before I placed my order, I obsessed for over a year lurking in TMC, reading every thread, watching every YouTube video.

After placing my order, I obsessed about my account. I checked several times a day looking for some status change that would give me a hint about the date that I would receive the car.

When I finally got the ETA, I obsessed about how the process would be, would my car be ok?

I finally received the car yesterday and I find myself now at work reading the TMC forums, opening the Tesla App and thinking about the car waiting out there at the parking lot (I am a university professor. I'm currently watching over final exams so this gives me enough freedom to be doing this during working hours, at least right now).

So, is there anything wrong with me or is this a general condition suffered by every owner?

Does it ever go away?

Do I even want it to go away? :confused:

you will be the nightmare customer for Tesla if your car is not 100% perfection

I live alone but I'm going with the 7 seater. I sat in the back of a 7 seater and didn't mind, I figured it'd be okay for my smaller friends. The reason I didn't get a 6 seater is because I wanted to fold down all the seats. Otherwise if you can't fold the second row, my model S ironically has more cargo room than the X.

Reactions: croman and P85_DA
First, welcome to the fam (cult?)!!

1 1/2 years in with my X, and, well, I suppose everything I wanted to articulate, others have nicely done in posts previous to mine.

Just today I gave a family with kids who were drooling over the falcon wing doors a quick test drive in the mall parking lot.

Just yesterday three complete strangers told me I was fortunate to be the owner of my own spaceship – of course I could not agree more!

The weirdest regularly occurring thing that happens is random people taking pictures, often without asking permission, of the X when the falcon wing doors are opened up in the grocery store or shopping center parking lots, often with me in them stowing away groceries.

May you enjoy many countless miles in the most beautiful ride on the planet! Cheers.

Wow, that's great that the rental agency is doing that. I actually live in a condo where I also rent an apartment and I had to get permission from the owner and the agency that administers the building so that I could install on outlet (which of course I had to pay entirely).
They’ve only sent out the survey so far, they haven’t committed to an action.

Still, if they got enough responses - and I’ll know in a couple weeks - they’re likely to pull the power. It’s a decent agency with a lot of units in this fairly new and high-end building, so it’s a reasonable investment to maintain the desirability of the apartments.

I live alone but I'm going with the 7 seater. I sat in the back of a 7 seater and didn't mind, I figured it'd be okay for my smaller friends. The reason I didn't get a 6 seater is because I wanted to fold down all the seats. Otherwise if you can't fold the second row, my model S ironically has more cargo room than the X.

We're a family of 4 and went with the 7 seater for the rear A/C and flexibility to carry more people on occasion - like school friends, grandparents etc. 6 seater is very nice too, but didn't like the idea of not being able to fold the second row flat and the additional cost! I think all the seating options have their merits in this car!

Reactions: xyeahtony