Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took the factory tour today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll have to admit, it was a lot more access than I thought! I also believe they should offer the tour to people *before* they buy the car. It would get them much more pumped up for their purchase.

I wish they had stopped the tour when we went through to the final quality control area so I can have a few words with them about the stuff they missed with my car :)

Outside had 2 model 3s. Not a fan of the look, but the overall size and quality look pretty good.

20170920_120823_resized.jpg

20170920_120846_resized (1).jpg

That's great, I have been waiting for my boss to take me as he has 2 Teslas and has told me for the last three years he would take me. I'm still waiting! But now I have ordered my own Tesla S75D and it should be ready in two weeks or so, and I'm take myself! So, how or who do you call to schedule the tour?

That's great, I have been waiting for my boss to take me as he has 2 Teslas and has told me for the last three years he would take me. I'm still waiting! But now I have ordered my own Tesla S75D and it should be ready in two weeks or so, and I'm take myself! So, how or who do you call to schedule the tour?
Send mail to FactoryTours <[email protected]> with your VIN or reservation number. and they will get back to you. Here is a little detail: (I have mine next Thursday after I pick up my S75D)
  • We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, 3pm, and 4pm, excluding major holidays
  • Tours last approximately 60 minutes
  • All children attending must be over 48 inches / 4 feet tall
  • The Tesla owner must be present for the tour and may bring up to 3 guests
  • We cannot reserve tours more than three months in advance
  • We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
  • Tesla owners may book one tour per year

Reactions: pvazquez03
Send mail to FactoryTours <[email protected]> with your VIN or reservation number. and they will get back to you. Here is a little detail: (I have mine next Thursday after I pick up my S75D)
  • We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, 3pm, and 4pm, excluding major holidays
  • Tours last approximately 60 minutes
  • All children attending must be over 48 inches / 4 feet tall
  • The Tesla owner must be present for the tour and may bring up to 3 guests
  • We cannot reserve tours more than three months in advance
  • We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
  • Tesla owners may book one tour per year

That's great, Thanks for the information.

That factory tour was super expensive for me because it cost me another Tesla :rolleyes:

Took my husband after I bought my CPO, and when we were done, he was all....."hmmm, that was really cool! Lemme go over here and look at these new cars in the showroom". Prior to that he wasn't all that interested in getting one for himself. Few weeks later and we had bought another CPO for him ;)

I have a tour scheduled this month. I land at noon (SJC) and our tour is at 3pm. Any ideas for killing an hour or so with the wife?

I was thinking Nobu in Palo Alto for lunch but I was up for other things to do not food related.

We are starting a 10 day trip down PCH (except for the closed part). Staying at the Ritz in Half Moon, Bernardus in Carmel, Four Seasons In Santa Barbara, then the Montage in Laguna. Any other ideas for things to do on this trip our welcome.

Reactions: pvazquez03
land at noon (SJC) and our tour is at 3pm. Any ideas for killing an hour or so with the wife?

Don’t mess with traffic. Head to the factory as soon as you get out of the airport. You'll be happier sitting in the factory waiting room with a bottle of water than sitting on 880 bumper to bumper with multiple accidents watching your tour time pass by.

> I was thinking Nobu in Palo Alto for lunch but I was up for other things to do not food related.

Absolutely not. 237 can be an absolute parking lot. Get to the east bay first, then relax.