Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Gear new series - more Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a couple of ads/previews of the new series coming up this week and it looks like they're all in a model 3 (or possibly a Y) singing on caroake and then later racing around a track.
Unlikely to get any kind of balanced review of the cars, but might be entertaining nonetheless.

Reactions: OneTinyFish
It is the same three presenters and it’s a model 3 along with some sort of Volvo and what looks like a BMW 3 series with them trying to live for 24 hours in each car. Think they must be watching Dave to get ideas for episodes (24 hours in a Smart ForFour). Won’t be watching either.

I loved TG in the Clarkson years. I'm sure he himself is a right PITA as an individual, but the show worked. Chris Evans's version was a big let down, but I sort of warmed to the Matt LeBlanc interpretation. This latest crew though just leave me cold - they have no class or charm. I watched the first two but haven't been near it since.

I loved TG in the Clarkson years. I'm sure he himself is a right PITA as an individual, but the show worked. Chris Evans's version was a big let down, but I sort of warmed to the Matt LeBlanc interpretation. This latest crew though just leave me cold - they have no class or charm. I watched the first two but haven't been near it since.
I tend to agree. Chris Harris is extremely knowledgeable and I really enjoyed his YT channel before he was a TG presenter. Now it seems like he's just there for comedic effect.

Top Gear and indeed Grand Tour are not for those that want to watch an informative car show. That type of content really only exists on YouTube now.

I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago when the entertainment became "let's bully Chris".

Has it got any better?

Leblanc struck the tone perfectly I think, they needed someone equally grown up but entertaining to partner with Chris.

Reactions: pow216
I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago when the entertainment became "let's bully Chris".

Has it got any better?

I think it has, Freddie's & Chris's piece where Freddy bungied a Metro off a dam show some real camaraderie.

I didn't like the bullying either at the start but the EV episode where the Leaf destroyed the MUCH more powerful cars shows just how much development can achieve.

I like the current balance as everyone gets the piss taken out of them, quite rightly most of the time it seems.

Reactions: Fraank