Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Gear tests the Model 3P - Hey, Mikey - he LIKES it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AND, Chris then tweeted that he's actually going to BUY a Model 3!

:)

attachment.php

I watched the Top Gear episode when it was aired here in the UK. And followed all of the Twitter afterthoughts from Harris. Great to see he is going for it.

I have to say, though, the car doesn't half look odd in that thumnail in the video. I've seen it in real life and it looks far better proportioned and just generally much nicer/less weird than that. The joys of photos and videos, eh?

I watched the Top Gear episode when it was aired here in the UK. And followed all of the Twitter afterthoughts from Harris. Great to see he is going for it.

I have to say, though, the car doesn't half look odd in that thumnail in the video. I've seen it in real life and it looks far better proportioned and just generally much nicer/less weird than that. The joys of photos and videos, eh?
That’s funny personally I think the iPace looks good in photos and hideous in person. Oh well, at least the Tesla outperforms the Jag.

Last edited:
I don’t quite understand the love for the BMW M3. It has the exact same inherent flaws like all ICE cars that make the power unpractical. Unless one drives these things in the least efficient RPM range (where the “awesome sound” quickly becomes annoying), the transmission lag kills the enjoyment.

I’ve got a BMW Z4 with the same inline six as a BMW M3, just a bit less tuned and while it’s “fun” once the double clutch sorted itself out and the engine is above 4000 rpm with both turbos going, it’s sluggish and downright lame compared to a Tesla 3. Even the SR. My other EV, a BMW i3 feels “better on the “gas”’ than the Z4 even though it’s got way less power.

Similar with my SUV (a Porsche Macan S). Is that “ICE fun” some kind of old geezer thing based on the noise? Tesla should just add an ICE mode with synthetic V8 sound. Next to the fart cushion icon. Bonus setting: “add transmission lag” for authenticity.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt and Zcd1