Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goes-to-11.png
He demands proof.

Proof?

Where's Eric Vfx when you need him?

- - - Updated - - -

MS one color.

We ignored this, what does it mean? The only people who refer to Model S as "MS" are here on the forums. Is there a clue closer to home?

- - - Updated - - -

...85 total....

Does this mean 85 exactly? What if we overshot?

- - - Updated - - -

MS one color.

This could mean "MS, one color?" or "MS #1, color?"

Maybe there is a meaning in the color values? Popularity?

Goes-to-11.png
We ignored this, what does it mean? The only people who refer to Model S as "MS" are here on the forums.
We didn't ignore it. We (more or less) concluded that it probably means Model S.

Does this mean 85 exactly? What if we overshot?
Yeah, I pondered that too. I said before that we are probably too uncoordinated a bunch to orchistrate an exact total # submission and that I hoped it was "at least" 85 (including going over). I am hoping "should satisfy him" implies that going over is OK.

This could mean MS, one color?" or "MS #1, color?"
Yep, earlier in the thread I said this could be a VIN to color matching game.
But what of 8 being Green & Blue? Would they count both Founders' cars, and Signature as both valid since the ending VINs (5 digits) are the same?

Maybe there is a meaning in the color values? Popularity?
Yes, that was my conclusion, and why I suggested that submitting a bunch of browns (value=10) could get us to the "goal" faster.

My current thought is that the strategy is good (model S pictures by popularity to reach the 85 total), but I am iffy if [email protected] is the right place to send them. Also if going over 85 was not allowed, how would we "reset" and try again? Would it be "game over" if we (as a group) sent 86 points worth of car pix? I can't imagine they would let it end that way.

But maybe it is time to rethink all the assumptions since we haven't gotten the next clue yet.

- - - Updated - - -

The drop was incomplete because:
Leon Weiss....Stanford....Stanford toady.....doug.....TMC Administrator.
Sound feasible? Clutching at straws? If correct that bit of the tape is perhaps irrelevant?
I might have agreed with you if it were not for the audio file name.
"a YC demands proof". That YC stands out and the mystery word from the recording sounds like it could be YC's.
Another risky assumption, but it seems to fit. If we found some meaning for "YC" that made sense in this context I would feel better about it.

- - - Updated - - -

"Red equals 1."
...Founders' #1:
s1.jpg

"Black equals 2."
...Founders' #2:
s2.jpg

"White equals 3."

"Silver is 4."

"Grey is 5."

"Blue equals 8".
Green is 8 as well."
...Founders' #8:
s8.jpg

[[[ *** no color match *** ]]]

and Brown equals 10.
[[[ *** I think Founders' #10 is red as well *** ]]]

So it started out good (#1 & #2 matched), but I got enough mis-matches later to throw out the VIN=Color idea.

Last edited:
"One submission per member"... Member of what?
Perhaps random email submissions don't count as they have to come from "members"?
Does being a user on TMC make you a "member" of the right club?
Maybe we have to get people to sign up for a service somewhere first.
For instance, what if all the email submissions needed to come from Yahoo email accounts?
Not sure - grasping - pondering why they said "member" rather than "person", "participant", "user", etc...

why do you guys even bother with that?

Bother with what?

- - - Updated - - -

This is proof you guys have too much time on your hands. Colors, cars, numbers, TMC? I believe Shatner said in best on SNL.

By the way, Liam is short for William, as in William Shatner...
Just sayin'...:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

YC could mean Youtube Channel !

Let's start looking!

Something here? :
THE SHATNER PROJECT.com - YouTube

Shouldn't whoever made this puzzle/scavenger hunt done a better job on this point? I don't understand much of this, but it seems like you guys are really reaching for stuff because the instructions in the Morse Code and audio link are vague, at best. I therefore give at least a partial "fail" to whoever is driving this thing because this stage has gone on too long already IMHO.

They probably blame us for not being creative enough.

It wouldn't be fun if it were too easy, so they are walking a fine line between hard and impossible...

- - - Updated - - -

Another detour... "Toadie" got me looking at Australian soap operas! :redface:
(Talk about a waste of time!)

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably blame us for not being creative enough.

It wouldn't be fun if it were too easy, so they are walking a fine line between hard and impossible...

The issue isn't that it's too hard, it's that it's so vague as to be meaningless because you guys are all making educated guesses at this point. I mean, deciphering accents, sending pictures to multiple email addresses, trying to figure out who should send pictures, and what pictures to send etc. This is too much uncertainty -- a good scavenger hunt can be really hard, but once you figure a level out its an "aha!" moment. Here, it seems like if you guys stumble upon the right thing to do it will be partially luck or process of elimination. I mean, there was a week's worth of buildup to December 17th, and its four days later and there's been nothing other than a weird Morse Code message, and its certainly not for lack of trying or brainpower attacking the Code trying to figure out what you're supposed to do next.

I grew up obsessing over Games magazine and doing difficult puzzles (I still do the NY Times crossword every day). This is something of a dead end not because the puzzle is too hard, but the clue is too odd to know what's being asked.

Goes-to-11.png
I have seen online challenges like this that were really hard, but they were tied to fairly main-stream popular programming.
(For instance, The Lost Experience) In those cases they had perhaps hundreds of thousands of people trying to decipher every clue.
They created multiple new forums and wikis just to figure everything out. If this were of similar difficulty we might not get there because we don't have "a million monkeys" to hit the answers with as much trial-and-error.

With that said, we will probably find there is some obvious clue we all overlooked so far.

To everyone else who loses patience too quickly: we all jumped at making those numbered colors add up to more than 85 and we obsessed about what YC might mean. Consider just for a moment a few other points of (maybe) important detail....Look at the total message. The Morse code clue was a web address not half of one; the clues so far have been signposts and not that cryptic. Let's not make this over-complicated:

The drop was incomplete.I need to transmit.
OK, there's more to the red picture in the Tesla font we got earlier.

-----

One of Liam YC's toadies has stopped me.
He wants proof.
Forget about YC for a second and consider proof of what?

-----

MS one color.
We haven't figure out what this means and it may lead to a different meaning for the numbers that follow.

-----

Red equals 1.
Black equals 2.
White equals 3.
Silver is 4.
Grey is 5.
Blue equals 8.
Green is 8 as well.
and Brown equals 10.
He demands one submission per member.
Submissions must- can have no multiples.
No duplicate submissions.
The list and action that we need to take is not clear if we didn't read the original signpost correctly.

-----

This yahoo is no biker so 85 total should satisfy him for now.
There's enough reason to wonder whether this is really an e-mail address, but as with the number list it's not clear that we followed the correct signposts early in the message.

Last edited:
Goes-to-11.png
Proof that Model S in in production? That enough of them "exist in the wild" to be considered "real"?
That seems to be the latest proof of viability that Tesla has offered the world.

(By the way, we can easily assume this is all Tesla specific because the clue banner appeared on this site, the tesla-2013@hotmail address, etc.)

MS...
"Must Submit"?
"MicroSoft"?
"Matched Set"?
"Medium Shot"?
"Message Store"?
"Minor Setback"?
"Missing Something"?
"More Specifically"?
"Multi-Spectral"?
"Mystery Solved"?
"Mass Spectrometer"?
"Motor Sports"?

- - - Updated - - -

I put a link on "Medium Shot" as that seems a bit more likely.
If they do want pictures sent, perhaps they only accept ones of "Medium Shot"? (No close-ups... no long distance photos....)
At this point, I am worried that this could still be in the wrong direction, and I am hesitant to spam [email protected] with even more pix!

It could be that they are looking for specifically formatted pictures. Only one car in the frame, medium distance, variety of colors, etc. (Takes us back to the 2013 Calendar idea!)

- - - Updated - - -

"MS one color" could also be "Model S #1 color".
(For instance Model S Founders' Number One is Red.)

MS could also be "MinuS" or "MiSsing". Like the list is minus one color.
But why abbreviate minus, and not other words?
(We have pictures of a Pink/Lavender Model S but no corresponding value.)