Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimt29

2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD, MSM/Black
Aug 13, 2015
Warwick, RI
What is the fastest (top speed) anyone has got the Model Y up to?

I personally reached an all time high of 65 miles per hour.

I had a Lexus LC500 on the same stretch of route 95 and when I took a peek at the speedometer I was doing 101.

What is the fastest (top speed) anyone has got the Model Y up to?

I personally reached an all time high of 65 miles per hour.

I had a Lexus LC500 on the same stretch of route 95 and when I took a peek at the speedometer I was doing 101.

Cruising at 101 or that's as much as you could push it? LC500 should def be able to go much faster. I've gone over 100 in my lifted FJ, but it gets pretty hairy over 90 lol.

Need to rent a model 3 next trip to Germany :) Though at Autobahn speeds the battery is surely going to run out very fast.

With the Y I think I briefly reached just over 100. I would not advise doing that in California...

BTW: I used to live a few miles from the German border a long time ago. No problems in driving fast in Germany as drivers are extremely disciplined and expect others to drive very fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: bicar
I accidentally hit 103 in my LR. went to pass a truck with a trailer throwing rocks on the interstate. went from 75 to 103 in a real hurry.

pissed off autopilot somethin good too
Here's some advice concerning rock damage from vehicles in front of you: If the debris is thrown up from the road it's not their fault. If the debris falls off of the vehicle then they are responsible for any damage. Check it out in your state to confirm.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Steve
Here's some advice concerning rock damage from vehicles in front of you: If the debris is thrown up from the road it's not their fault. If the debris falls off of the vehicle then they are responsible for any damage. Check it out in your state to confirm.

I didn't care who's fault it was....I didn't want rock damage so I passed.

then autopilot yelled at me

I think I'm going to end up getting my 1st speeding ticket with this car passing people if Im not careful, lol. My last car was a 2018 volt, and while it was respectable off the line, it lost its pep pretty quick and passing took a little more time. I've hit 100 a few times now passing people in my LR Y not even realizing it. It happens so quickly and smoothly that you don't notice until you look at the speedo. I keep joking that I'm going to have to turn on the speed limiter for myself if I keep it up.