Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tour of the Tesla factory suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
We are touring the factory in a few days and while I know the basics, that is, it will be guided and last about an hour, are there any suggestions to make it the best experience? For example, did you wander around the parking lot on the way in/out to glimpse at new cars, especially the currently "rare Model 3"?

rXnklRq.jpg

Going to call as was planning on driving up Saturday.
I've been on 3 tours and have never found a phone number for them. And they don't host tours on Saturday. Here is the information from my initial contact for this year's tour in September:

Thank you for your interest in visiting the Tesla factory! My name is Jamie and I work here at Tesla’s Fremont Factory as the Tour Program Coordinator. Here is some information that will help guide you, please read carefully:

• We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, 3pm, and 4pm, excluding major holidays
  • Tours last approximately 60 minutes
  • All minors must be accompanied by an adult
  • No toddlers or infants (0 – 36 months old) permitted on the tour
  • The Tesla owner must be present for the tour and may bring up to 3 guests
  • We cannot reserve tours more than three months in advance
  • We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
  • Tesla owners may book one tour per year

Currently, our earliest availability begins as soon as next week. In your response, please include the following information:

• Total number of attendees, including yourself (no more than 4 in total)
  • Your preferred tour date and time (weekdays only; please provide a few options)

Once I receive this information, I can begin scheduling your tour and I will send you a confirmation once complete. Due to our overwhelming demand, changes or exceptions to dates, times and group size cannot be made once your tour has been booked. Any deviation may result in a cancelled tour. Thank you and we look forward to your tour!

Sincerely,
Jamie

Factory Tour Program
Tesla Motors | 45500 Fremont Blvd. Fremont, CA 94538
[email protected]

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: JoelH and IdaX
Took the tour and great views of Model S and X assembly lines at various stages of production. Highly recommended for S and X fans. Very surprised to see SC slots only about half full when we left at rush hour. I’m sure that won’t last too long, that is, whenever they start spitting out Model 3’s.

I read somewhere on the forum don't take the 10AM tour, because many parts of the factory are on break, so I took the 3PM tour. Well, many stations were on break, and the robots were stand still, so I guess it doesn't matter. The tour was still great, and would like to go back again next year.

Try to get in the front of the group so you can get a seat in the front of the trolley. I was in the very back and could barely hear anything the guide was saying. You don't get to wander or takes pics/videos. I work in a Ford plant. Pretty much looks the same, just cleaner.