Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who else is waiting on an order with a Tow Hitch? Have you seen big moves in your estimated date range? The historical data of order times with a hitch vs order to delivery without a hitch are not in our favor but it seems like lots of tow hitch orders are being pushed back now.

Ordered 4/13, it's gotten pushed back from May 04-30 now to May 20 - June 19. Details of order in my signature.

I said elsewhere I was going to stop checking Tesla.com and this site, but "the flesh is weak" as they say.

Who else is waiting on an order with a Tow Hitch? Have you seen big moves in your estimated date range? The historical data of order times with a hitch vs order to delivery without a hitch are not in our favor but it seems like lots of tow hitch orders are being pushed back now.

Ordered 4/13, it's gotten pushed back from May 04-30 now to May 20 - June 19. Details of order in my signature.

I said elsewhere I was going to stop checking Tesla.com and this site, but "the flesh is weak" as they say.
Ordered 4/9 w/hitch, and it has been at May 14 - June 5, give or take a day or two, for several days now. I’m in MD.

Here's the analysis I did from the Google Sheets file stickied at the top of this section of the Model Y forums. Tow hitch has added on at least a week extra for all orders of the Model Y Long Range AWD in 2021.

EXCEL_VXkZrMGdZg.png

Ordered 4/11 and my date range is the same as yours currently. May 20 - June 19.

I ordered same specs on 4/23. Current timeline is 5/22-6/11 Reno NV
Current delivery times: 05/01-05/21. Ordered 04/01 MYLR AWD MSM, 19", 7 st, w/tow hitch, black interior, San Diego
I ordered same specs on 4/23. Current timeline is 5/22-6/11 Reno NV

I ordered on 4/5 and my Estimated Delivery moved from 4/28 - 5/08 to 5/05 - 5/25.

Makes me think Tesla has a supply chain issue and our build out got pushed due to some other issues in the chain.

They could have reached out to me and told me you cannot get the hitch are you okay with that and remove it from my order. I will handle getting one put on post delivery.

But who knows 🤷‍♂️ - Carlsbad, CA

Last edited:

I ordered 4/13 as well and mine now shows 6/1 to 6/21. Originally, it was April 29 to June 1. Mine is white/white with tow hitch. I'm in Lakeland/Florida but delivery is to Tesla Tampa..

Yeah my SA said a few days ago I could remove the tow hitch from my order, but said it could equally possibly delay my order to do so..... so I kept it on.
It may also affect your price based on the recent price hikes.

I would hate to take a $1000 off just to pay $1000 more base price.

So, I will wait and look at existing inventory everyday.

If same config minus the tow hitch shows up in California somewhere I will jump on it. That is if nobody else beats me to it.

Sooo...I must be some weird outlier. I ordered a couple weeks before everyone here and have similar delivery frame now: 5/21-6/10 (order details in signature). Note this is now outside my quoted "5-9 weeks" window. Hard now because I needed the car at or before 9 weeks (trip I need to tow a trailer), and was assured by my SA when I ordered it wouldn't exceed 9 weeks. I hope they are still right...

Hopefully they have a different supply for built cars because the tow hitch has been backordered for several weeks on the Tesla store. On the same token, in the current delivery times thread, you can see that the estimates for delivery are no different for tow/non-tow orders. All of the early April order are showing last week of May through mid-June for delivery estimates. Very consistent, actually. Nobody who ordered in April has taken delivery of a custom order - period. I see no reason for concern.

Ordered min 4/21, delivery date just got pushed to May 29 - June 18.

Sooo...I must be some weird outlier. I ordered a couple weeks before everyone here and have similar delivery frame now: 5/21-6/10 (order details in signature). Note this is now outside my quoted "5-9 weeks" window. Hard now because I needed the car at or before 9 weeks (trip I need to tow a trailer), and was assured by my SA when I ordered it wouldn't exceed 9 weeks. I hope they are still right...
Orders have always been delivered during the final weeks of the quarter (i.e. Sept, Dec, Mar). I don't expect that to change this quarter. SAs know this, but they also know that customers don't want to hear this.