Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Data not particularly great for Skype. Have a local SIM for data, which is cheap enough. It's how I "phone home", but people are used to "silence" - then call back and it works - has been used for the occasional call, and use Skype out to call normal telephone numbers. It's not reliable, and it'll drop out every few minutes. (Not a Skype issue, a local data issue)

Being an international technology driven company I wonder if you could call them on the number local for the country you're in and they'd still be able to access your records/status/progress. Might not be a substitute for calling the actual delivery centre but worth a shot?

I can't understand how their process works. For me, I ordered on Aug 13th; got a hidden VIN early Sept, which disappeared for a week and then came back; then a text a week before collection to setup the date. Web site never showed a final invoice - had to chase for that. The VIN of delivered car matches the hidden VIN so it's clear I got allocated 2-3 weeks after order.

Being an international technology driven company I wonder if you could call them on the number local for the country you're in and they'd still be able to access your records/status/progress. Might not be a substitute for calling the actual delivery centre but worth a shot?
They may be international, but they're not everywhere. I also don't speak Portuguese particularly well (am OK with a menu, but conversation - nope), which would likely be an issue if they did have an agent here.

Data not particularly great for Skype. Have a local SIM for data, which is cheap enough. It's how I "phone home", but people are used to "silence" - then call back and it works - has been used for the occasional call, and use Skype out to call normal telephone numbers. It's not reliable, and it'll drop out every few minutes. (Not a Skype issue, a local data issue)

have you tried services like this:

How It Works | Rebtel.com

Call a local number and they put your international call out. I used another service like this years ago. Hopefully you won’t be spending too long on the phone to Tesla :)

have you tried services like this:

How It Works | Rebtel.com

Call a local number and they put your international call out. I used another service like this years ago. Hopefully you won’t be spending too long on the phone to Tesla :)
Not in one of the countries they cover. If I was in one of the countries they cover, I'd just be using a local SIM and data anyway - it's local data drop outs that are the issue rather than Skype.
In theory, deliverygb should reply to emails.

Reactions: Fullerene
Tried the tow hitch and a Thule EasyFold bike rack today for the first time.

Tow hitch was a bit fiddly at first, but think I have it sussed now. Very heavy hitch. No markings that I can see that overrides the 90kg tongue/nose weight. Hitch felt very solid. Can confirm the Westfalia brand. Our road and drive is on a slope and visually tested the reverse out and enter with just the hitch without incident.

Then tried the Thule Easyfold bike rack that we had boxed for many months. Got an excellent deal from Halfords so took the risk to hold on to it during the car delivery delays. Glad we did, very easy to fit, but 13pin electrics a bit fiddly. Surprisingly little room up there. Need to be careful with electrics as they need to be carefully tied up to avoid cables hanging low. Must also remember to unplug electrics before unhitching the tow rack. Thankfully the rack is easier to handle than when it is in the box and it positions nicely on the tow hitch then quite a lot of force needed to lock it down. We repeated the reverse out and enter with the rack again without incident - plenty of room even with the slope.

Need to sort a number plate for the bike rack. Good job the rack tilts otherwise you could not open/close the boot lid.

Only thing to note, blue Caravan symbol lit up, but its now red after removing the bike rack and hitch - need to look that one up. I'm guessing that you need to manually turn off tow hitch mode when done.

20191005_155327404_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Great post. Thanks for sharing. Was told that the SC would be able to knock me up an extra number plate when I pick up my car... did you ask?

The plate for the bike rack looks like it may be an odd size when I briefly looked. Thule sell a blank plate possibly for this reason, but its white in the photos that I have seen so not sure what's going on there - possibly a stock photo or colour of plates for bike racks is different to a car?

We will be changing plate as some point, so don't want to spend too much getting one for short term so I shall see about doing something temporary. However I found a local graphics company that does plates so may ask them. Not sure if it needs to meet same BS AU regs as car reg.