Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
white exterior white interior tow hitch LR AWD

sigh. Very similar. Only a 2018 reservation - but 1st May order, white interior LR, and a tow hitch added later.

Fingers crossed for Grand Dahlia, and an early November delivery.

I do sometimes chuckle to myself when I think back to being worried about my early July holiday, and how to cope if it arrived whilst I was away. What a fool

LOADS of cars has been added to the inventory, and one matched my spec so have rung up and been matched to it and I have a white/white interior LR AWD with towbar.

Although the guy did say they are not in the country yet but will be here imminently so worth a shot!

I ordered one from inventory on Friday and I have my invoice saying delivery date 14-Nov. It’s such an opaque system. Nobody (certainly not the employees) seem to know a thing.
Meanwhile, I excitedly look at pictures of “Grand Dahlia” passing through the Panama Canal and wonder “could my new car be on that boat?”

sigh. Very similar. Only a 2018 reservation - but 1st May order, white interior LR, and a tow hitch added later.

Fingers crossed for Grand Dahlia, and an early November delivery.

I do sometimes chuckle to myself when I think back to being worried about my early July holiday, and how to cope if it arrived whilst I was away. What a fool

HOLY MOLY I GOT A SOURCE VIN!!!!!!!!

HOLY MOLY I GOT A SOURCE VIN!!!!!!!!
Great news! Let’s hope you don’t lose it

Spoke directly to Stockport yesterday - and the lady said she’d add it to an escalation list so should get a call early next week.

I need it to come quickly - as we’ve just put an offer in on a house, and I don’t want a debate with the other half about car vs. Kitchen/heating/bathroom. If she gets a sniff that I can still cancel and not lose anything I fear I’m done for!

So - as per my other post, I’ve now got an estimated date of December/January (so not the Dahlia or the other one currently going through the canal)

move replied saying I want to speak to someone about changing my spec to get an earlier car.

Question is ... what am I willing to alter?

LR... no chance. Want the range and performance of the LR

Colour - Blue... fine, would go MSM or red. Don’t want black or white

Interior - White... I really, really like the white interior. It’s unusual. It’s bright. It feels more futuristic which matches the car - anyone have any insight here?? Got the white and dislike it? Love the black?

tow-bar. I only really want it to carry a couple of bikes. I guess I could just put them in the boot. Anyone with much experience of carrying bikes in the boot? Pain in the ass, or not too bad?

or should I suck it up, and just wait for December... come January... come February... etc

tow-bar. I only really want it to carry a couple of bikes. I guess I could just put them in the boot. Anyone with much experience of carrying bikes in the boot? Pain in the ass, or not too bad?

We got tow because of bikes. Never had tow bar bike rack before and not tried a bike on ours yet, but tried the rack. OK so my bike is quite big, but it was a PITA getting it in back of a Passat Estate and in Model 3 would be no go, probably even without wheels and/or rotating the handlebard. Nice deep boot yes, but access is poor. Also had bike on roof, again PITA as being an e-bike its heavy even without battery. On Model 3, too many things to go disastrously wrong and I would imaging viability of roof bar is down to glass fit on individual car.

The tow bar rack looks to be a winner for us. Expensive yes, but I think it will be priceless too.

• Informative
Reactions: pmg102
So - as per my other post, I’ve now got an estimated date of December/January (so not the Dahlia or the other one currently going through the canal)

move replied saying I want to speak to someone about changing my spec to get an earlier car.

Question is ... what am I willing to alter?

LR... no chance. Want the range and performance of the LR

Colour - Blue... fine, would go MSM or red. Don’t want black or white

Interior - White... I really, really like the white interior. It’s unusual. It’s bright. It feels more futuristic which matches the car - anyone have any insight here?? Got the white and dislike it? Love the black?

or should I suck it up, and just wait for December... come January... come February... etc

Exact same spec as me. I was told today that if I do not get a VIN by Friday, it will probably be December delivery. I ordered on the 8th of August.