TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Towing small jet ski trailer

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mk9027866, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mk9027866

mk9027866 Member

I am a long time lurker and hopefully a Model X owner in the near future (still haven't pulled the trigger). I am curious if anyone has insight as to what kind of range I could expect with a 90D while towing this trailer. It is approximately 1800 lbs. All of the examples I've seen have been with much larger boats/trailers.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Seastrand

Aerodynamics of the trailer has the biggest impact on range so I wouldn't be too concerned about the weight difference. You may want to lose the storage box as I suspect that will really hurt your aerodynamics. If possible, I'd also keep the wraps on the boats until your final destination. I pull a single PWC trailer but only for about 10 miles, so it's really hard to test the impact. My guess you are going to see from 20-25% range hit with this trailer, but it's only a guess.

3. 808?

808? Member