Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 4 of these to replace my front contisilents and back nexens.

Fronts were very worn and back fine, but 2 out of 4 tires had damage, a large scrape and a bubble.

Anyway, driving for last 3 weeks. Tires are GREAT.
I got them a bit cheaper. I paid about $550 bc of some instant discount on tirebuyer and a $100 rebate.

I drive fast and hard. They are smooth at high speed, so far maxed at 100mph. A bit noisy at those speeds but I was on less than ideal roads. Hold very well for hard cornering and accelerating hard from a stop.

The grip is good so far, but only had a bit of rain. Snow coming soon.

The pattern looks really sexy on the car! As a side thing.

I wasn't sure about the company but read some history, seems as good as the big companies or even better.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I just had a set of these Toyo Proxes put on yesterday at Sam’s Club. I did some consumption and noise measurements before and after having them installed.

The OEM Contisilents were about 64db at 70 mph. The Toyos were 65db on the same stretch of highway at the same speed.

Along a 3 mile stretch of highway, the Contis consumed 350wh and the Toyos 352wh but I had a semi pass me during the second test so that may have accounted for the difference. I’ll retest the next I’m on that road.

Overall, I’d say these Toyos are comparable to the OEM Contis from a noise and rolling resistance perspective.

Reactions: Cuttin
I just had a set of these Toyo Proxes put on yesterday at Sam’s Club. I did some consumption and noise measurements before and after having them installed.

The OEM Contisilents were about 64db at 70 mph. The Toyos were 65db on the same stretch of highway at the same speed.

Along a 3 mile stretch of highway, the Contis consumed 350wh and the Toyos 352wh but I had a semi pass me during the second test so that may have accounted for the difference. I’ll retest the next I’m on that road.

Overall, I’d say these Toyos are comparable to the OEM Contis from a noise and rolling resistance perspective.
I’ve been very happy with them for last 4 months. The price. The traction is great in snow and rain. The tread pattern is very sexy.

toyo is a very reputable brand

agreed.

I didn’t know much about it so read up and it’s got strong history based in Japan. Japan has always spelled quality to me.

I’m sure as MOST things they are probably made in China or some other cheap labor country but at least the brains behind the development and testing and hopefully some quality control comes from Japanese brains.

after additional research, i think I'm going w/these guys for my fronts if I need new fronts for inspection. Rear seem okay so far.
Normally I don't like to mix brands, but at the price of these things, I'm getting all the miles I can out of them...

after additional research, i think I'm going w/these guys for my fronts if I need new fronts for inspection. Rear seem okay so far.
Normally I don't like to mix brands, but at the price of these things, I'm getting all the miles I can out of them...

These are the toyos I got a few months back and love. Much cheaper.
And I got even a bit cheaper as there was a rebate then. I paid $550 for all 4.

don't mix and match tires. not a good idea.

Reactions: Cuttin
i think you will be happy with them. they are a fine street tire. i can't speak to the noise, but, noise have never bothered me

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl