Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS failing randomly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently picked up my new Model 3 , less than a week ago.

Everything was working fine until today suddenly while driving I get the alert that the tire pressure is low. I stopped the car and opened the warning and seemed like the front left tire sensor was showing ( -- ) in red, instead of a proper reading. I waited for a bit and suddenly the warning went away and the tyre pressure was back to 43 psi.

I started driving again and a couple miles later suddenly hear another warning. Same as before that the tyre pressure was low. I stopped the car again and turns out it is the exact same thing, but this time with the front right tyre. I waited for a while and the warning went away again.

At this point I am not really sure what is happening. The car is brand new. I also called the roadside assistance who told me to reset the 12V battery by holding the scroll buttons, which I did. I haven't had a chance to drive again and I kind of am worried if this is a bigger issue.

Any of you folks have had any issue like this? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Have you tried recalibration in the service menu
There is no option to recaliberate. The new bluetooth ones dont have the option I think.

Did you happen to have additional TPMS sensors in the car? Like for another set of wheels? sometimes that'll happen
I dont.

So apparently the front left went down on monday and came back up. Then front right went down after a few miles and came back up. Yesterday the back left went down and then came back up. So I am assuming the back right would go down and come back, in a couple days.

Both of the times I had food/utentsils in the frunk. Not sure if it could be due to the weight in frunk