Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode exclusive to P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is track more the only way to disable traction control? From experience , a lot of traction control systems out there overdo it in snow and really make the drive dull on an otherwise fun snow day. It would be great to have all wheel drive in snow and leverage a bit of a skid while maintaining forward traction.
To disable stability control I believe you can disconnect some sensors. This is what Sasha Anis did when winning the time-attack series in Toronto Motorsports Park in June 2018, with his model 3 RWD. He has recently developed a tuning device to disable traction control (and using it, set an unofficial track record) but the hardware itself is $2500, so again, PUP is a much better deal.

Last edited:
I am not sure so I am just asking. Is it confirmed anywhere that PD3+ people will get the track software download for free in the future? I hope so since I am an owner who bought the upgrade in anticipation.

The best we have gotten is the recent Motor Trend article: War of the Worlds: Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Performance vs Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE vs Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio - Motor Trend

Already have a Model 3 Performance with the $5,000 Performance Upgrade? Track mode will be over-the-aired to you.

Thanks, I also read that article. It does not implicitly state that it will be free over the air update. But again, I am hoping it is for our sake!

It sort of does. By saying if you paid the $5k it will be OTA'ed to you. Not if you paid the $5k you will have the option of paying to get the track mode OTA'ed to you. But there is nothing official from Tesla. (I would be very surprised if Tesla charged for track mode on a P3D+.)

It sort of does. By saying if you paid the $5k it will be OTA'ed to you. Not if you paid the $5k you will have the option of paying to get the track mode OTA'ed to you. But there is nothing official from Tesla. (I would be very surprised if Tesla charged for track mode on a P3D+.)
Again I hope you are right! But past Tesla actions on pricing on features are inconsistent and vailed in secrecy and confusion and is at mercy of being changed at any moment. It would be nice to set a plan of action and follow through and advertise to consumers with less confusion. That way we know exactly what we are paying for. But some people will say this is the price we pay for rapid advancement from a startup like company. Even I struggled for days deciding on P3D+ vs P3D- for days before deciding to just go for the top specs for possible future enhancements only available to P3D+, hoping.

Reactions: Sg911
Again I hope you are right! But past Tesla actions on pricing on features are inconsistent and vailed in secrecy and confusion and is at mercy of being changed at any moment. It would be nice to set a plan of action and follow through and advertise to consumers with less confusion. That way we know exactly what we are paying for. But some people will say this is the price we pay for rapid advancement from a startup like company. Even I struggled for days deciding on P3D+ vs P3D- for days before deciding to just go for the top specs for possible future enhancements only available to P3D+, hoping.
Agreed. I was compelled by my SC to get the PUP ,since that car could be matched immediately and none in my exact specs exist or were produced with white interior black exterior very much. We shall see...