Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We never got any emails from our DS at all, I assume the email address they were using was wrong even though I've gotten emails from our initial salesman and from Tesla itself. We did get one phone call, but the estimated delivery was in May whereas we're actually getting the car next week.

Mmmmm, interesting. Looks like our cars are going to be on the same transport. Haven't heard anything either. Guess it's time to make a call.

Do you mind if I ask what your VIN is? If you feel that's confidential, don't reply...we'll just try to put more bits and pieces together to try and figure out when we're getting our 85D.

VINs won't help you with that. They don't produce them in order. VIN assignment is usually around 6 weeks before production is planned. Though things can move slower or faster as they move production around. With the exception of P85Ds most US production gets delivered in the last month of the quarter.

As of the 85Ds: Last week, most of the European cars which were confirmed in November entered production, finally. This week, one with December started production. We might see a 2015 ordered car enter production in April! :( ;) :p

US cars ordered in Feb are delivered already? ;) All?

As of the 85Ds: Last week, most of the European cars which were confirmed in November entered production, finally. This week, one with December started production. We might see a 2015 ordered car enter production in April! :( ;) :p

We do :biggrin:, 85D 794xx ordered in late January entered production today, June delivery to Belgium.

My 85 just went into production this morning! What a cool thing to see when loading the MyTesla page. I thought, "Hey that's a 1-line update and I thought the production queue statement was 2-lines"! My DS stated we should start production a week early which would have been sometime NEXT week. This is getting exciting.

Does anyone know how long the car might wait for a transit truck? Or does the status of "In transit from the factory" mean that it's been assigned a freight truck and is being loaded?
My understanding is that "in transit" also includes sitting at the factory waiting for a truck. There's no way to know how long that will take, but probably a few days at the most. I am in the same position right now.

With the number of cars they're cranking out these days, you would think the trucks would be running pretty often.