Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today:

tesla.JPG

Car drives great. Significantly faster in Sport Mode than the 2013 S85 I traded in. GPS was pretty wonky (about 1/4 mile off) but it seems to have settled down after a couple of reboots.

Attachments

• tesla.JPG
    tesla.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 592
Beautiful! Had to read your signature to realize it wasn't black. Absolutely gorgeous!

I joked with the sales guy that before the recent color palette change, Tesla offered 5 different black cars (blue black, gray black, green black, black black and multi-coat black black.

In the sunlight you can see the blue, but in low-light or at night it just reads black. Much more low-key than the red I traded in.

Just curious why some Model S owners hide a few digits of their VIN?

Some people want some degree of anonymity. It makes it difficult to connect your car with your online profile. Some people may think it protects them from some sort of fraud.

Personally, I can understand the anonymity bit. But I don't think it protects you from fraud, the VIN is visible on every car through the windshield. Everyone has to assume that the VIN is not a secret.

Some people want some degree of anonymity. It makes it difficult to connect your car with your online profile. Some people may think it protects them from some sort of fraud.

Personally, I can understand the anonymity bit. But I don't think it protects you from fraud, the VIN is visible on every car through the windshield. Everyone has to assume that the VIN is not a secret.

Okay, thank you for the clarification. Thats what I thought but wasn't sure.