Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to our original DS and found out the car is in the rail yard in Chicago. Just needs to be picked up and taken to the service center. Wonder if we will be able to pickup on Friday? I dont know how much time they need to prep for delivery. Excited. Hopefully the center console is there so they can install it.

How do I tell who my Owner Advisor is?

I see from the later post that all is well for you, but I wanted to share for others who may read this. I was working with a "salesperson" Owner Advisor already when I found the car. While I submitted my CPO purchase online, the existing person is who I reached out to about details. I know he put his name on my purchase though, b/c when I called the store that had my location for pictures, they saw the guys name and cc'd him on the email with the pictures. Great person. In a scenario where you made the order online w/o any pre-existing relationship, I would imagine someone on the sales team at your local store/gallery is automatically assigned as your OA. If you call Tesla's Delivery HQ #, they can tell you who is assigned and provide contact info.

Its moving and that is progress. Although the route is strange to me, I worked for railroads in the past I shouldnt be surprised. It is near New Mexico/Texas border on its way to Villa Park, IL (Chicago burb) service center for delivery. Hoping we can take delivery before next Saturday. Want to surprise my son when we pick him up from University of Wisconsin-Madison next weekend. The color is red like the Badgers. Of course he will think it is his car, its not.

I just got an update from my DS - our train is in Kansas City. Yours might make it by this weekend, but mine will not.

Still at the train yard and not expecting to be at the service center until tomorrow morning so no delivery until Monday or Tuesday next week. Sad face

I just got my Vehicle Purchase Agreement, train buddy, and it looks like they think I'll get my car on Wednesday. Considering it will have been exactly 1 month from when my car entered production until I (probably) receive it, my face is just slightly sadder.

I just got my Vehicle Purchase Agreement, train buddy, and it looks like they think I'll get my car on Wednesday. Considering it will have been exactly 1 month from when my car entered production until I (probably) receive it, my face is just slightly sadder.

I think you will take delivery before we do. Our is still sitting in the rail yard waiting to be picked up nearly a week after it arrived.

I think you will take delivery before we do. Our is still sitting in the rail yard waiting to be picked up nearly a week after it arrived.

Seriously? Wow. Mine's getting offloaded from the truck as we speak. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Someone in another thread was saying that when getting deliveries in between Chicago and Cleveland (he was in Michigan), that the Cleveland store is far more preferable due to backlog in Chicago. I guess you and I are proof of that.

At what stage of Production / in transit did you all get your Vehicle Purchase Agreement to finalize your financing?

Mine was ready while I was in production. In fact, I think the blocker is the VIN - once you have your VIN, they can make the MVPA. My document was added to My Tesla the day after I exited production, but that may be because I also had some drama with financing - I was dumb and applied for loans BEFORE ordering because I didn't like the idea of ordering something not knowing if I could pay for it or not. You have 30 days once applying to accept the offer, then you have to reapply, and run the risk of not getting approved for as much. So, I'm actually already getting interest for a car I won't get until next week...

I think the hard deadline of 5/13 for my financing helped move things a little further along with my MVPA with production dates of 5/5-5/7.