Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have watched quietly this forum and learned a lot. Not having anything intelligent to add, I have stayed quiet. Now I put my first post. Despite my excitement for the car, my apology that it is not a positive one.

My VIN also changed last night, increasing from ----H24P74--- to ----H25080---. I know Breser has repeatedly informed us the numbers are non-sequential, but I would expect that they would tend to be in the same range for production. A bump of 6000 is concerning. Order was placed 11/8. Initial late Feb moved to late March. Seattle DS has not been helpful in shedding any light on delivery, stating computer glitch. His only interest was in email in early Feb making sure that I am in town for delivery "over the next few months." Really MONTHS???

Now with change in VIN means I have to reapply for financing. YIKES.

My VIN also changed last night, increasing from ----H24P74--- to ----H25080---. I know Breser has repeatedly informed us the numbers are non-sequential, but I would expect that they would tend to be in the same range for production. A bump of 6000 is concerning. Order was placed 11/8. Initial late Feb moved to late March. Seattle DS has not been helpful in shedding any light on delivery, stating computer glitch. His only interest was in email in early Feb making sure that I am in town for delivery "over the next few months." Really MONTHS???

Now with change in VIN means I have to reapply for financing. YIKES.

My first car has a VIN of 56107 and there were people that still had cars with VINs in the 48k waiting for production. So it's really not that unusual to have a large gap between some VINs.

So I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Seems like Tesla wanted to change the formatting of the VIN since the 0 in digit 12 wasn't a valid value for that place previously. We know that the VIN format couldn't handle more than 100k cars. So we knew that Tesla needed to do something.

I'm surprised they've gone back and changed assigned VINs. But one benefit in doing that is making it harder for people to estimate their production. If they don't use the sequence numbers they've reassigned then it'd be harder to estimate production for a while because we won't know how many sequence numbers they have discarded. That would also not likely change production.

I think it's way too early to start getting worried. I'd be really surprised if too many Late March US deliveries slip much. Obviously it's possible, but Tesla really does want to get those cars delivered in this quarter.

Delivery set for end of March. Concerned about the end-of-quarter-crunch; quality and all. Makes me want to spend some extra time at delivery checking for flaws. I know Tesla will back their work, but quality should come before earnings. I would hate to find something a few weeks later, knowing that it was just because the car was rushed. A few more days for QC makes no difference on my end.

breser's secret unveiled

So I couldn't figure if this should be posted here on in off-topic... especially since there was some back and forth in a number of threads... but in the end I figured that this was the best place... Moderators - if you'd rather have this elsewhere, feel free to move.

To recap, breser had a gentleman's agreement with Tesla not to talk about some aspects of his car in public. And being a gentleman, he kept to that agreement. But he also stated that there was nothing he could do if someone ran into him at some point and took a picture.
So Tesla's luck has run out... guess what I saw at the Centralia supercharger a few hours ago... a beautiful, slightly dirty and definitely very unique Model S 85D (and yes, in the background is my car).

IMG_0110.jpg

I realize the picture quality is lame, but hey, it was taken with my phone in the dark. That said, you can even see his license plate (which I consider absolutely awesome, if I may say so).

And before I get reported as an insensitive stalker to the moderators... of course I talked to breser and am posting this with his permission.

Was so pumped to see my VIN this morning (confirmed 3/10) and now my Estimated Delivery of May is now gone (and not replaced by anything). The optimistic side of me is running wild, maybe they'll bump it up to Late April?

Its so funny, I am the farthest thing from a "car guy" but I can't remember being this excited about anything I've ever purchased before.

80878: "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"

Last week my VIN got changed from 73368 to 80878, so I basically gave up watching status on MyTelsa. Today I got an email from my DS that says my car has finally entered production, and the estimated delivery date of Late March has disappeared. Go figure :smile:

Last week my VIN got changed from 73368 to 80878, so I basically gave up watching status on MyTelsa. Today I got an email from my DS that says my car has finally entered production, and the estimated delivery date of Late March has disappeared. Go figure :smile:

If your car is in production I think there's a very good chance you'll be getting it sometime this month regardless of what the website says.