Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! I wish you the best (and quickest!) delivery.

I hope S_gutz and mine are on the same train/truck/oxcart/whatever-they-use-for-delivery-these-days! :smile:

Good to hear your car is ready Albatross - I'm envious of course. :smile:

Ben, if yours is with mine then it should be on a truck by now, though the DS told me that a delivery this week is unlikely. At least things are moving now, so hopefully early next week.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a delivery appointment this Friday. Fingers crossed. Car was promised for "late May," so in contrast to many here, my car is officially late.

Some people are lucky and get early delivery, but you aren't the only one who is late. :mad: Ben, albatross and I are in same boat. Mine/ours sat in Chicago for days before they finally got trucked out. Albatross got lucky and managed to get his P85D on a different train car that got routed through Toronto earlier than the rest of us. The DS actually said this when I asked about Albatross's car (note the he lives about 15 minutes from me) "Xxx's car was actually moved from Chicago mistakenly". Um, the car was delivered by accident?? Mine sat in Chicago for at least 10 days, but is moving now.

Tesla still has some work to do on this front, but they finally seem to be trying to do the right thing.

Funny the different stories. The one I got is my serial number is quite a bit earlier than you so while it seemed we were shipping together I was actually ahead of you so missed the train purgatory altogether. Makes more sense then picked up by mistake but then I sat in canada for almost a week. Strange. However tomorrow is the day. We will see !

Good to hear your car is ready Albatross - I'm envious of course. :smile:

Ben, if yours is with mine then it should be on a truck by now, though the DS told me that a delivery this week is unlikely. At least things are moving now, so hopefully early next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people are lucky and get early delivery, but you aren't the only one who is late. :mad: Ben, albatross and I are in same boat. Mine/ours sat in Chicago for days before they finally got trucked out. Albatross got lucky and managed to get his P85D on a different train car that got routed through Toronto earlier than the rest of us. The DS actually said this when I asked about Albatross's car (note the he lives about 15 minutes from me) "Xxx's car was actually moved from Chicago mistakenly". Um, the car was delivered by accident?? Mine sat in Chicago for at least 10 days, but is moving now.

Tesla still has some work to do on this front, but they finally seem to be trying to do the right thing.

Sooo Albatross?! How did it go??

I had a quick email from him yesterday after he got it. It pretty much said "Driving, can't talk now". :smile: If I ever get my car I'll have hook up with him to compare wheels. At the very least he could post some pictures!

I shot DS Eric a couple more emails but still no response. Last I heard it was getting on a truck. They really need to work on improving communications. Have you heard anything about your car?

Hello All
Im sorry for the delay in posting. In short the car exceeds all expectations. From the interior (I had not seen a fully loaded interior before - the alcantra across the dashboard, the additional leather on the doors etc, the centre console) to the overall look of it. Holy smokes. They came from Montreal and were about an hour late (hence my silence as I had to get to work and was about 2 hours late because of this). They dropped the car off in the driveway. Was completely detailed as expected. The walk through was totally worth it. Although I had read the manuals online and watched the videos there were several things that were new and I hadn't seen and wouldn't have known about.
The paperwork was all filled out in advance. It was easy to complete. Car was plated. Everything as you would expect.

The 21" rims are gordeous. Stunning. God help me if I hit a pothole though. But damn looks good. I planned all along for 19" in winter anyways. I did put on locking nuts which were like 70 bucks. Worth it. The upgraded seats are amazing. I'm a big guy 6" linebacker build and they aren't too tight. Really comfortable. Highly recommend them. Back seat had way more room for my kid than my BMW 550xi. She loved it !

After we were done I drove it to work. Amazing. Handles like a dream. Instant passing torque if needed. Some have said the ride was harsh. I don't think so but always have had sport suspensions on my BMWs which also have run flats so tight ride anyways.

I have never had so many people look at a car. It was hilarious. Pulling up on me at the 417. Driving down Bronson. Looking at the car and the rims. One end to the other. Even in my M3 which got lots of looks. Nothing like this.

They delivered it with 100 % charge. I drove to work (about 35km) and then when the day finally over picked up my daughter from school (about another 15 from work) and then drove up to my cottage (about another 170 from her school). I was in rush hour. Crappy Gatineau roads, and then highway driving and the amazing roads around Rippon. The car was amazing. Passes so fast was at 150 km/hr without meaning to be. Oops.

I arrived up north with about 38% charge left. Plenty. By time I got to cottage the app was working. The wall charger I had installed here worked amazingly. I plugged it in and about 2 hours later was back to 320 km
range (went to 70 percent I think). I was getting a full 80amps out of charger for 97km per hour charge

It is so freaking awesome !!!

happy to add more or answer questions. I will try to post pics in next post. Never done that on the forum

b

- - - Updated - - -

Can I upload pic directly from my iPhone camera ? I couldn't see how from faq

Awesome write up. Thanks. Nice to see you're getting something close to the rated range. And I definitely want to see those rims compared to my 19"s. I can't wait to finally get mine - assuming they ever respond to email.

Just one more question. Was the truck they used for delivery covered or a flatbed?

They had a pickup truck with a tesla trailer. Would hold one car. Covered. It was really nice. Car super safe and strapped. The driver was an amazing gentleman (missed his name) who was crazy careful backing it out and pulling into driveway.

Zero concerns there @Sgutz

Awesome write up. Thanks. Nice to see you're getting something close to the rated range. And I definitely want to see those rims compared to my 19"s. I can't wait to finally get mine - assuming they ever respond to email.

Just one more question. Was the truck they used for delivery covered or a flatbed?

Last edited:
@Albatross: thanks for taking the time to write! it's great that the car even exceeds your expectations, exhilarating times!

I shot DS Eric a couple more emails but still no response. Last I heard it was getting on a truck. They really need to work on improving communications. Have you heard anything about your car?

@Sgutz: I called three times (cell phone, land line) and never got a call back... also emailed. It's getting frustrating, for all I know my car might still be back in Chicago! And for that matter I wouldn't care so much... if only I knew! Anyways, I'll try again on monday. I was really hoping for the 10th or 11th... but I guess that's out of the question by now.

On a lighter note: I talked about it so much at work that a colleague just ordered his 70D! Ok... admittedly he already had his Model X reservation, but my excitement for the car was contagious :)

Hello All
Im sorry for the delay in posting. In short the car exceeds all expectations. From the interior (I had not seen a fully loaded interior before - the alcantra across the dashboard, the additional leather on the doors etc, the centre console) to the overall look of it. Holy smokes. They came from Montreal and were about an hour late (hence my silence as I had to get to work and was about 2 hours late because of this). They dropped the car off in the driveway. Was completely detailed as expected. The walk through was totally worth it. Although I had read the manuals online and watched the videos there were several things that were new and I hadn't seen and wouldn't have known about.
The paperwork was all filled out in advance. It was easy to complete. Car was plated. Everything as you would expect.

The 21" rims are gordeous. Stunning. God help me if I hit a pothole though. But damn looks good. I planned all along for 19" in winter anyways. I did put on locking nuts which were like 70 bucks. Worth it. The upgraded seats are amazing. I'm a big guy 6" linebacker build and they aren't too tight. Really comfortable. Highly recommend them. Back seat had way more room for my kid than my BMW 550xi. She loved it !

After we were done I drove it to work. Amazing. Handles like a dream. Instant passing torque if needed. Some have said the ride was harsh. I don't think so but always have had sport suspensions on my BMWs which also have run flats so tight ride anyways.

I have never had so many people look at a car. It was hilarious. Pulling up on me at the 417. Driving down Bronson. Looking at the car and the rims. One end to the other. Even in my M3 which got lots of looks. Nothing like this.

They delivered it with 100 % charge. I drove to work (about 35km) and then when the day finally over picked up my daughter from school (about another 15 from work) and then drove up to my cottage (about another 170 from her school). I was in rush hour. Crappy Gatineau roads, and then highway driving and the amazing roads around Rippon. The car was amazing. Passes so fast was at 150 km/hr without meaning to be. Oops.

I arrived up north with about 38% charge left. Plenty. By time I got to cottage the app was working. The wall charger I had installed here worked amazingly. I plugged it in and about 2 hours later was back to 320 km
range (went to 70 percent I think). I was getting a full 80amps out of charger for 97km per hour charge

It is so freaking awesome !!!

happy to add more or answer questions. I will try to post pics in next post. Never done that on the forum

b

- - - Updated - - -

Can I upload pic directly from my iPhone camera ? I couldn't see how from faq
Thank you for sharing your delivery story... reminds me of the excitement waaaaaay back in January when I received my car. The love affair hasn't faded at all since then. The car is still as fun to drive every day as it was the first day. I suppose you get used to the no-noise-on-acceleration thing pretty quick but the joy never fades. My only problem now is nobody wants to drive the ICE anymore so we may end up with two Teslas in the family sooner than later :).

@Albatross: thanks for taking the time to write! it's great that the car even exceeds your expectations, exhilarating times!

@Sgutz: I called three times (cell phone, land line) and never got a call back... also emailed. It's getting frustrating, for all I know my car might still be back in Chicago! And for that matter I wouldn't care so much... if only I knew! Anyways, I'll try again on monday. I was really hoping for the 10th or 11th... but I guess that's out of the question by now.

On a lighter note: I talked about it so much at work that a colleague just ordered his 70D! Ok... admittedly he already had his Model X reservation, but my excitement for the car was contagious :)

@Ben. Well at least I'm not getting special treatment - Nice to see they treat everyone the same. :wink: When I did get a response, Eric implied that it would arrive early this week in Montreal. Like you though, I'd just like to know the status so at least there's an expectation. I assume they'll pick up the pace now though since we're coming to the end of the quarter.

btw what's you VIN and model? I seem to remember that yours shipped on the same date. Albatross's VIN is in the 82000 range, so I can understand his being delivered ahead on mine.

If it makes you feel any better my car is also taking an incredibly long time to get here. First delivery appointment has come and gone and now a tentative "next weekend" delivery is set but that feels shaky too as the DS guys seem not to be able to get enough information. Will be 30 days in transit if that happens... More if they miss it again.

Not it sure what to think but this shipping method doesn't seem to align with a good customer experience on a custom car build. I think we all understand the production queue and build timeline but this transit delay is incomprehensible.

If it makes you feel any better my car is also taking an incredibly long time to get here. First delivery appointment has come and gone and now a tentative "next weekend" delivery is set but that feels shaky too as the DS guys seem not to be able to get enough information. Will be 30 days in transit if that happens... More if they miss it again.

Not it sure what to think but this shipping method doesn't seem to align with a good customer experience on a custom car build. I think we all understand the production queue and build timeline but this transit delay is incomprehensible.

You are raising good points here. Any time I've talked to my DS he says he doesn't have access to the information. I've been pretty hard on him, but I'm starting to believe that he doesn't keep me informed because he doesn't know any more than I do. My car has been in transit for a month as of today and was originally promised in late May. I'm disappointed and frustrated - not so much with the lateness, but rather the lack of information. Having purchased a long list of luxury cars in the past I know how a great delivery experience is supposed to work and more than once in the past couple weeks I've been tempted to just tell Tesla to stuff it so I can go buy another Audi. I'm willing to wait one more week, but that's about it.

I really hope Tesla understands that they risk losing customers as result of their shipping choices. The issue isn't limited just buyers either. All of my friends are continually asking "Where is your car?" and "What's wrong with Tesla if they can't deliver cars?" Tesla risks losing future customers as well (which I suspect is already the case with some of my friends). Once a reputation is destroyed its very hard to rebuild, and this is most important when your customers are your marketing department.

I really hope they fix this because it's been a horrible way for many of us to start ownership.

btw what's you VIN and model? I seem to remember that yours shipped on the same date. Albatross's VIN is in the 82000 range, so I can understand his being delivered ahead on mine.

@Sgutz my VIN is 84300. I went "in transit" about a week later than you though... so I'm always hoping I'm tagging along, but I moght be behind. We'll see if I ever get some news from Eric...

I really hope they fix this because it's been a horrible way for many of us to start ownership.

Well, I finally got an email! Whooohoo... But it's not such good news (at least it's news eh!).

My car has exited the Chicago black hole, and is now in transit to the Toronto black hole, which I've heard is a much smaller black hole and only swallows cars for about 2-3 days... then on to a truck to Montreal.

Funny but I'm actually really glad I got this news, even if it means that I'll probably be getting it a week later than I thought, at least I know!

Well, I finally got an email! Whooohoo... But it's not such good news (at least it's news eh!).

My car has exited the Chicago black hole, and is now in transit to the Toronto black hole, which I've heard is a much smaller black hole and only swallows cars for about 2-3 days... then on to a truck to Montreal.

Funny but I'm actually really glad I got this news, even if it means that I'll probably be getting it a week later than I thought, at least I know!

After losing my cool yesterday, I got word that mine was mistakenly marked as a Chicago delivery. After 10 days when no owner showed up they realized it was actually supposed to go to Montreal. They have now put mine (at least) on a truck to fast track it directly to Montreal and it's supposed to be there by Thursday or Friday, so I have hope I might get it by the weekend. DS Eric said once it's there he can deliver it pretty quickly, so I'm encouraged. Like you, my frustration isn't so much that the car is a couple weeks late, but rather the apparent radio silence regarding the details. I'd rather hear bad news early than wait weeks without any response.

Toronto isn't so bad. Albatross's went through there in a day or two and it was in his driveway within a week. He really needs to stop driving long enough to post some pics.:smile: His is grey with grey turbine rims. The monochrome look is smokin'.

Hopefully we can all get cars in the next week. There are many of us waiting to get cars out of Chicago, but the worst seems to be over.

In sorry you guys are having this experience. Tesla is great at many things. Unfortunately, communication and delivery are not on the list. Once you have the car you'll quickly forget the poor experience.

Thats my hope. Actually though getting a response back from Jerome Guillen within 10 minutes was impressive because I'm sure he's a busy guy. There's always room for improvement, but once I took action, their response was more than satisfactory. In my case I suspect that mis-labelling a car isn't a common occurrence, I suspect this situation caught Tesla off guard as well.

Hopefully to make it up they throw in a nice Tesla jacket or a discount in the Tesla store so I can buy one myself :wink:. Right now I'd just be happy with a car though.