Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attended the D unveiling in Hawthorne and placed my order when I got home that night. The website was so jammed up that I somehow ended up with 2 separate reservations for a P85D. About a week later Tesla called me and canceled one of the 2 reservations.

Ah the mysteries of Tesla's ordering process. I ordered at the event.

How do you figure? All model S vehicles come out of the same VIN pool.

Perhaps. I was thinking that they may have reserved blocks of consecutive VINs for the P85D. Big assumption, I recognize.

- - - Updated - - -

64397 going to Calgary, Canada in January as a 2015 Model. Grey interior on Black exterior, all options minus 3rd row.

Did you defer to get the 2015 "model year"? Or were you constrained to take Jan delivery? When did you order?

How do you figure? All model S vehicles come out of the same VIN pool.

It seems most likely that at the beginning of production, they would do a mix of P85D with the rest of Model S as they are dialing down their assembly process, (eg: 62xxx VIN), but by 63xxx and 64xxx I would assume that it's mostly P85D's for a more efficient assembly line.

Im sure there was also a specific large surge of orders of P85D with December promised delivery dates.

Last edited:
Quick update here: I finally got a DS assigned to me today. Didn't find out until I called Tesla HQ to ask them a question.

Anyway, I just spoke to my DS and he says to expect a delivery date of early- to mid-December. Nothing more specific until production starts.

For those of you in the US who already have a scheduled delivery date (Andrew, JBrown4390, randompersonx, Chuck, cottonwood) where did you get that date from?

Last edited: