Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Portland guys, I might be up there late-December with my shiny new P85D if you're interested in meeting up. Dec 26-30 are my tentative dates.

Ok back on subject, sorry! Andrew, would it be worth adding a "Production Complete Date" column in your spreadsheet?

Expect to wait a few weeks for your VIN. I confirmed on October 14 and got my VIN on November 3. Now that they are actually building the cars, that delay might change, but in any case it isn't instantaneous. I didn't get email about it, but I was visiting the My Tesla page several times a day so that would have been superfluous anyway!

Hey Portland guys, I might be up there late-December with my shiny new P85D if you're interested in meeting up. Dec 26-30 are my tentative dates.

Ok back on subject, sorry! Andrew, would it be worth adding a "Production Complete Date" column in your spreadsheet?

I can, but we already have production begins date, and we know it's 5 days to build. Do we think there is additional value to add the column?

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at the spreadsheet, and all the cars that have gone into production have black interiors w/carbon. This jives with what my DS told me regarding an "internal memo" that said the grey/tan interiors would be delayed a week. I've sorted the spreadsheet now by production date instead of VIN.

Last edited:
What makes you say that the auto-pilot features aren't going to be available when we pick up our P85Ds?
(I know WK057 also posted about this)

I believe I've read this in a number of places. Here's one of them:

Dual Motor Model S and Autopilot | Blog | Tesla Motors

New Safety Features and Autopilot
The launch of Dual Motor Model S coincides with the introduction of a standard hardware package that will enable autopilot functionality. Every single Model S now rolling out of the factory includes a forward radar, 12 long range ultrasonic sensors positioned to sense 16 feet around the car in every direction at all speeds, a forward looking camera, and a high precision, digitally controlled electric assist braking system.
Building on this hardware with future software releases, we will deliver a range of active safety features, using digital control of motors, brakes, and steering to avoid collisions from the front, sides, or from leaving the road. (Please note this hardware is not available as a retrofit.)
Model S will be able to steer to stay within a lane, change lanes with the simple tap of a turn signal, and manage speed by reading road signs and using active, traffic aware cruise control. It will take several months for all Autopilot features to be completed and uploaded to the cars.

Last edited: