Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the only factors that should/could affect why some people's cars are getting built vs. other who are not is most likely the following things:

1. Seats
2. Exterior Color
3. Headliner Choice

can people who've posted their cars are being built also post their choices for the 3 things...

mine is:

1. new seats
2. Blue
3. black headliner

my car is NOT being built at this time and is a 634xx VIN…

perhaps the people who's cars are being built opt'd for the original seats.

the only factors that should/could affect why some people's cars are getting built vs. other who are not is most likely the following things:

1. Seats
2. Exterior Color
3. Headliner Choice

can people who've posted their cars are being built also post their choices for the 3 things...

mine is:

1. new seats
2. Blue
3. black headliner

my car is NOT being built at this time and is a 634xx VIN…

perhaps the people who's cars are being built opt'd for the original seats.

Look at the spreadsheet. The 4 cars in production all have the new seats, and different external colors. They all have black interiors.

Look at the spreadsheet. The 4 cars in production all have the new seats, and different external colors. They all have black interiors.
And I'm guessing primarily cars that have to travel further to be considered delivered.

oops I just looked at the spreadsheet. Location and vin numbers don't account for this. Maybe they are producing in batches of common features, colors etc. I wonder if the build time will decrease with this streamlined approach.

Last edited:
I can, but we already have production begins date, and we know it's 5 days to build. Do we think there is additional value to add the column?

Yeah, I think it would be useful to get a sense of what production times Tesla will be achieving on the P85D.
If anything, it could save the several dozen posts stating "my P85D is out of production!" :biggrin:

Thanks again for maintaining the spreadsheet. Looking forward to entering production! (which I will quietly update in the doc when it finally happens..)

I've made a new thread from the unified order and delivery tracking over here. If there's no objection (particlarly from andrewket) I'd like to import all the P85D orders over there. I'll work on making P85D orders able to be filtered so you can have the same functionality you have over here. Any help doing this would be appreciated.

Is it your intent to have the new thread supersede this one? And/or to keep the spreadsheet there updated as the spreadsheet here changes?

My intent, assuming people are ok with this, is to have the spreadsheet there supersede this one, but instead of this thread linking to a separate spreadsheet both threads link to one. Then if you want to discuss P85D specific delivery stuff you can do so here. I think keeping the discussions separate makes sense. But unifying the data also makes a lot of sense.

My intent, assuming people are ok with this, is to have the spreadsheet there supersede this one, but instead of this thread linking to a separate spreadsheet both threads link to one. Then if you want to discuss P85D specific delivery stuff you can do so here. I think keeping the discussions separate makes sense. But unifying the data also makes a lot of sense.
I think this totally makes sense. I've been trying to keep up both, and for that matter there is another one somewhere too. The other spreadsheet was more detailed but not editable. Thanks for sorting this out.

I've made a new thread from the unified order and delivery tracking over here. If there's no objection (particlarly from andrewket) I'd like to import all the P85D orders over there. I'll work on making P85D orders able to be filtered so you can have the same functionality you have over here. Any help doing this would be appreciated.

FWIW, I'd have no objection, at least as far as my data goes.

Sounds great, and happy to help you out! Let me know what I can do.