Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know..I know...just going crazy! I did get a call last week from my DS asking if I had any plans for the holidays or if I would be in town. Don't know if that really tells me anything though. Is it just my lack of patience or has anyone ever felt like their DS hasn't been doing everything he/she can for your order? I hardly ever hear from mine, and he generally takes forever to respond to any of my questions. Maybe he is tired of hearing from me? lol...

I've got the unified spreadsheet updated to the edits from 10:20pm on 11/22. I need to build the summary and charts out, I'll work on that tomorrow.

If you want to see just the P85D orders for Q4 or Q1 just go to that tab, go to the menu and choose Data, Filter views, P85D.

There is a minor inconsistency in the way you handle delivery dates. In your spreadsheet, you have a column for requested delivery date which should read "earliest" for most of us and for estimated delivery date you are using the "December" or "Late December" value for everyone else, where you use the specific date from the original spreadsheet.

I like the way you color some of the responses, although the sort sequence doesn't seem intuitively right to me.

I know..I know...just going crazy! I did get a call last week from my DS asking if I had any plans for the holidays or if I would be in town. Don't know if that really tells me anything though. Is it just my lack of patience or has anyone ever felt like their DS hasn't been doing everything he/she can for your order? I hardly ever hear from mine, and he generally takes forever to respond to any of my questions. Maybe he is tired of hearing from me? lol...
If he is asking about travel plans, it probably means your car will be delivered in the last two weeks of the year.

There is a minor inconsistency in the way you handle delivery dates. In your spreadsheet, you have a column for requested delivery date which should read "earliest" for most of us and for estimated delivery date you are using the "December" or "Late December" value for everyone else, where you use the specific date from the original spreadsheet.

I like the way you color some of the responses, although the sort sequence doesn't seem intuitively right to me.

Thanks for the feedback.

The dates were one of the inconsistencies between the sheet that didn't have a clear way of reconciling them. The P85D sheet asks for "Estimated Delivery at time of confirmation" and "Scheduled Delivery". While the older spreadsheet asks for "Preferred Delivery" and "Est Delivery". Some people fill in the "Preferred Delivery" as Earliest or ASAP. Some people fill it in as a Month (presumably whatever the estimated delivery was when they placed the order) and some people put in specific dates. The "Est Delivery" usually gets filled in with whatever it updates to over time and then eventually the specific delivery appointment. I mapped things between the two spreadsheets the way I did to preserve data. As you're pointing out "Preferred Delivery" isn't the same as "Estimated Delivery at time of confirmation." But if I put that field in the "Est Delivery" field then for cars with a "Scheduled delivery" where do I put that? Based on how the sheet has been being used I should put "Scheduled Delivery" in "Est Delivery" but then I'm wiping out the data from the original sheet.

Honestly I don't really like the way the dates are done in the old spreadsheet. Things are much more consistent with the way they were done in the P85D sheet. I'll see if I can adjust things in a way that isn't too confusing to be better. The way the sheet is setup it produces data that isn't normalized in a way that's terribly useful.

The sort sequence still needs work. But the 2014 Q4 sheet should be the same as the old P85D. Sorted by production start and then VIN. At least the sort order looks the same to me if I filter out the non-P85D vehicles.

Some other thoughts I should have mentioned last night but failed to do so. Option mapping was a pain. Several people put nothing in the options field of the P85D sheet, in those cases I left all the options blank. Some people did "All except ...". For those that said "All except pano", that presents a problem because I don't know if you ordered a black or body colored roof (P85D's in December can be either). Some people just listed off a set of options. That presents the same problem with the Pano roof as I just mentioned. It also makes me wonder if some of these people weren't getting the red brake calipers and didn't mention it (given that it's a free option). Only one person mentioned the security package (applicable to non-US cars), so I left it blank for everyone else. There was one person who said "All except ... prem ...", which is ambiguous since it would mean they didn't get premium sound or didn't get the premium interior option. Some people mentioned nappa as an option, I assumed this was the premium interior package but if they were converted orders it might have just been the extended nappa leather trim.

I did everything I could to try to make the data I moved accurate. But I may have made mistakes or the information on the other sheet wasn't clear. So I'd ask that everyone take a look at their order on the other sheet and adjust accordingly.

Nappa was the third seat option which may no longer exist. Next gen, performance, nappa. My spreadsheet had data validation on to force people to select from a limited set of options. This is required for normalization so the summary works. The options field was left ambiguous, and probably isn't providing any value.

Last edited:
Nappa was the third seat option which may no longer exist. Next gen, performance, nappa. My spreadsheet had data validation on to force people to select from a limit set of options. This is required for normalization so the summary works. The options field was left ambiguous, and probably isn't providing any value.

Yeah I realized it was also ambiguous with that as well. I did the best I could with the info I had.

Most of the fields in the other sheet have data validation turned on as well.

People will spend more time on topics that personally interest them. Obvious statement I realize. But the P85D is new and nobody has one yet, so it's interesting. The larger thread isn't as interesting to me, because delivery of other models is now common place.

That's why I volunteered to maintain the P85D list at least until EU delivery begins. After that it will be less interesting - to me at least.

People will spend more time on topics that personally interest them. Obvious statement I realize. But the P85D is new and nobody has one yet, so it's interesting. The larger thread isn't as interesting to me, because delivery of other models is now common place.

That's why I volunteered to maintain the P85D list at least until EU delivery begins. After that it will be less interesting - to me at least.

To me EU delivery of the P85D is very interesting. I hope to be one of the first driving one over here. :biggrin:
By the way, allow me to take this opportunity to say "Thank you" for the time you invested in creating and maintaining the P85D tracker. It is much appreciated!