Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was only somewhat aware of the consequences of my 15 year old daughter entering an international vocal competition for the American Fine Arts Festival, as a surprising winner in the classical/opera category she's slated to sing solo in the smallest hall there. Good for college applications for sure.

Definitely worth pushing back delivery of the P85D.

It's a good story, complete with a happy ending. Congratulations to your daughter!

Still "building" here since Monday. I'm picturing my car sitting near the end of the line for the last 3 days, almost done except for the last couple of parts. Probably just missing headlights and emblems. :)

I'd rather wait a little longer though and let some overworked factory folks get a much deserved break.

Still "building" here since Monday. I'm picturing my car sitting near the end of the line for the last 3 days, almost done except for the last couple of parts. Probably just missing headlights and emblems. :)

I'd rather wait a little longer though and let some overworked factory folks get a much deserved break.

I just don't want to find the turkey wishbone buried deep down one of the side panels... :)

Agreed! I'm so excited for all you guys about to finish production and get delivered, but some of us poor souls are helplessly wallowing around in the production queue!!

Wholeheartedly agree! Very exciting to see P85Ds about to roll of the production line. Bunch of us still anxiously awaiting our cars to be in production! Wish I knew the logistics of how TM decides which cars to build first. It's obviously not first come first served.

Here is my logic just a guess. Get the parts then get the destination ( 2 known bottlenecks non-black next gen seats & destination distance from Fremont). Run these through an algorithm to maximize deliveries through Dec 31st !! In between do spare some cars to keep marketing and attract new customers.

The first round of customers need to post the "instructions" they get when they pick up their cars. I find it curious that test drives are being done by "pilots" and customers are not permitted to drive the car and yet they are just going to turn the keys over to everyone a few short weeks later.

This is truly going to be fun :)

Lola, i heard the same that P85D are not allowed to be test driven, only ride alongs. Will that be the case ongoing? Seems like a liability issue, perhaps, as this is a pretty substantial boost in hp from the P85+. Test drives would be a popular thing for people just wanting to take a crack at a few launches. They should at least let Model S owners do test drives in a P85D.

The first round of customers need to post the "instructions" they get when they pick up their cars. I find it curious that test drives are being done by "pilots" and customers are not permitted to drive the car and yet they are just going to turn the keys over to everyone a few short weeks later.

This is truly going to be fun :)

Perhaps the restriction on test drives is caused by pre production cars and insurance limitations?

Just joined this site. First time poster and excited to learn from yall. Had a p85+ lined up for delivery late October. After the D announcement I canceled my order and renewed for the P85D. Got pushed back to a "late December" delivery. Spoke with my tesla agent last week and he says he'd expect it to be delivered before Xmas. Will keep yall updated.

Metallic grey with 21" gray turbine wheels. Loaded top down except for the kiddie seats.

Apparently, Sparky (my current Model S) has "overheard" that she's about to get traded in for a new model and has decided to throw a little shot across the bow.

20141129_215908959_iOS.jpg

Aside from a water leak around the tail lamps early on, this is the first issue I've had in 1.5 years of ownership.

Apparently, Sparky (my current Model S) has "overheard" that she's about to get traded in for a new model and has decided to throw a little shot across the bow.

View attachment 64839

Aside from a water leak around the tail lamps early on, this is the first issue I've had in 1.5 years of ownership.

Oddly enough I had exactly the same warning just before I sent mine back.

Not sure what is behind the "you can not drive it" policy.

It does remind me a bit of people going for their driver's test here in Florida. It is all done in a lot behind the DMV building. I asked one of the inspectors why they do not go out on the road (as they did in ancient times when I got my ticket) and I was told it was not safe to do so. Really, it is not safe to drive with people on the street that you are in the process of giving a driver a license? It would be like the FAA refusing to fly with you while evaluating you for a pilot's license.

Strange world.