Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignore... just checked the translation from English to French - car "scheduled for production", not "in production"... :scared:

I have been lurking on this forum since my P85+ order in September, converted to a P85D 24 hours after the announcement... happy to report that my Switzerland-bound P85D VIN 67714 has just changed status to "in production".

Just crossing my fingers for the Tan Nex Gen seats and heated steering wheel :biggrin:

Crap, you guys are giving me second thoughts on color. I ordered blue, but remembering how it is so dark and can prove difficult to keep clean, and how it is likely to show scratches more, etc., I'm almost emailing my DS and asking if it's too late to switch to Pearl White. My two top options were Pearl or Blue. I've never been so indecisive in my life with anything, this is crazy! I would think a color change wouldn't be out of the question for a February delivery, umm...

Are you crazy? You live in FLORIDA! Get either the base or Pearl White--your car will be much cooler in the sun, and your range will increase compared to blue or black (less HVAC load means more RANGE).

Body temperatures are easily 30 to 40 degrees warmer in high temps; dark colors are terrible in hot environments.

Change your color today and you'll thank me later...

Are you crazy? You live in FLORIDA! Get either the base or Pearl White--your car will be much cooler in the sun, and your range will increase compared to blue or black (less HVAC load means more RANGE).

Body temperatures are easily 30 to 40 degrees warmer in high temps; dark colors are terrible in hot environments.

Change your color today and you'll thank me later...

Lol, I guess we did make the right move after all. Emailed my DS yesterday, color has been changed officially and he made a point to tell me that I can't change my options anymore, I'm all "locked in". Your comment makes the decision feel better and my DS called me today with the news that changes were approved and stressed the same, dark colors are not the best way to go in Florida. I thought he was just trying to validate me, but I also see the point and makes sense now that you break it down like that.

In all fairness, white was one of my top options to start with. As stupid as it may seem, we went with blue because I didn't want 21" rims and we had not seen a good set of 20" rims that we liked for the white car. Until I showed my wife this picture, http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...rmarket-wheels?p=862667&viewfull=1#post862667

The TSW Nurburgrind wheels were also top of my list for aftermarket wheels but we wanted a silver color and my wife said she didn't like how the silver looked in the blue car, so we decided on other wheels. As a side note, I ordered my car with red calipers but wasn't thrilled about the contrast with the blue car. In addition, i initially ordered the car with carbon spoiler but took it out because I felt it was a waste on the blue car as it didn't stand out enough. Suffice to say I am very happy with our option now, and have added back in the spoiler. Everything contrasts well, the wheels look great, and to top it off I saw a white Model S today on highway 4 and just loved it!

I did go with the Pearl White as I like the metallic look and the richer look.

Finally got my car with front gen seat and heated steering wheel.

Bring it for opticoat tomorrow, and long trip to Miami Thursday... will try it in extreme cold (-25 C) when leaving Montreal.

Yikes. I'm honestly not sure I'd want to make that trip until they put out the update... make sure to account for extra time for 100% charges... you'll need them, and some luck.

Yikes. I'm honestly not sure I'd want to make that trip until they put out the update... make sure to account for extra time for 100% charges... you'll need them, and some luck.

I just drove 1k miles from Florida to DC. I charged to 100% only once and it wasn't needed. Cruise control anywhere from 65-90. The super chargers are spaced no more than ~160-170 miles apart (at least between Ft lauderdale and NoVA) and was super easy.

I just drove 1k miles from Florida to DC. I charged to 100% only once and it wasn't needed. Cruise control anywhere from 65-90. The super chargers are spaced no more than ~160-170 miles apart (at least between Ft lauderdale and NoVA) and was super easy.

Florida to DC is mostly flat and not -13F... going to be super cold on the northern part of that route (the Canada to Miami route) this week.

Found something worse then waiting for a P85D. Having to wait a second time!
I took delivery on New Year's Eve and have immensely enjoyed the vehicle. That is until I placed winter tires on the car last Saturday. Within a couple of miles, one of the tire sensors came loose and shredded the inside of the tire, (though at the time I thought it was a simple nail or screw I ran over). Tesla towed the car to my tire store, but of course by then it was closed. Long story short I had to wait until Monday to get in the store. That's when I found out the tire was wasted. So I had to special order a replacement tire for early Tuesday morning, only it did not show up until late this evening.

Anyway, after 3 long days I finally got my baby back. I must say that waiting a second time for my P85D was ten times worse than the initial wait! Once you experience the D you are changed forever. Hence the 3 day absence felt longer then the original 2 month wait because I knew what I was now missing! My life is hard. lol

Actually I take it all back. I would rather deal with a tire issue than the 12v battery going dead. Sorry osama.

Last edited:
Hey guys ... sorry for the bad news. One of my new P85D died on day 2 of driving with only 191km on ODO. Here is the story:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...uddenly-died-in-the-middle-of-an-intersection

Hope everyone else has better luck than me.

So it sounds like (from reading the thread referenced above) this is the first known E-pack failure. Great!

Edit: I made the comment above after having read the comments through that point in the thread above. Reading more this morning, other frequent posters here, whom I respect, are pointing out that conclusions may be being jumped to too soon. That being the case, please take my comment above with the appropriate grain of salt. It may not be an E-pack failure at all. There are any number of things that could have gone wrong. If you are interested in the complete discussion, please read the thread. I apologize if I added to the "jumping to conclusions." When I posted, I thought the conclusion was universally agreed upon by those here who were knowledgeable. I now realize that is not the case.

Last edited:
I wonder if its going to be a european black hole? 10 days i production now

What is the language of your MyTesla web page, norwegian or english/US (the little flag at the bottom of the page) ?

The reason I ask is: I get two different messages in FR and in US for my order 67685.
FR (translated) : the production ... has started
US: your model S has entered the production queue
For France, the translation in FR is not accurate.