Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the language of your MyTesla web page, norwegian or english/US (the little flag at the bottom of the page) ?

The reason I ask is: I get two different messages in FR and in US for my order 67685.
FR (translated) : the production ... has started
US: your model S has entered the production queue
For France, the translation in FR is not accurate.
Hi,
The top (white bolded) text is probably the most useful. In English:

Order Confirmed
Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

Later becomes

In Production
The Tesla factory is building your model S.

Please keep us updated on your trip down south progress and experiences. Maybe in it's own thread.

I will try to put as much update as possible...

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes. I'm honestly not sure I'd want to make that trip until they put out the update... make sure to account for extra time for 100% charges... you'll need them, and some luck.

I'm not sure either... but I did Montreal- San Francisco in July 2013 (before supercharger were out of California), so it should be ok, the goal is to reach Miami by saturday afternoon. I have faith in Tesla.

Last edited:
What is the language of your MyTesla web page, norwegian or english/US (the little flag at the bottom of the page) ?

The reason I ask is: I get two different messages in FR and in US for my order 67685.

it has the same meaning in both Languages for me (American and Norwegian). By the way it just changed to Production Complete now:)

Picked my car up this morning. It was so clean and beautiful. I am very impressed. By the time I got it home it was covered with slush and road salt. My wife was to intimidated by all its new fangled gadgetry to drive it home. I had to ease her in by driving with her on some back roads. By the end of her "test drive" she was completely over her angst and I had to pry her out of the seat.

it has the same meaning in both Languages for me (American and Norwegian). By the way it just changed to Production Complete now:)

Extra sweet, I'm superpumped for you !

Keep us posted as you sound like one of the first EU deliveries in the pipe.
Can u confirm your VIN# and your specs, especially the seats' version and fabric ?

/salute

Last edited:

We have the same issue in Belgium and Holland (Dutch translation).
I wrote an e-mail to Tesla about this many months ago suggesting an improved translation but to no avail.
Quite confusing and a bad way to manage expectations.

My DS mailed me today informing me that my car destined for Norway was finished and is being prepared for shipping. The My Tesla page still says "in production", but I trust the DS to have more up to date information.

Interesting... I am a few hundred VIN numbers before you.... so I guess my car should be finished or finishing soon...... :) Its been in production now for almost two weeks! according to the US site.......

That's awesome, frosken! Congrats.

Did your DS mention the new gen seats?
I wonder if the logistic problems with the new gen seats have been solved.

Thanks! I can hardly wait!

I specifically asked about next gen seats and heated steering wheel. The answer was somewhat ambiguous - he had no information that would indicate the car didn't have the NG seats. About the heated wheel he really had no idea. But my gut feeling tells me I am in for hot fingers :)

My P85D (VIN 67213)
bound for Sweden entered production on January 7. I wonder if it will make it across the Atlantic together with darthy001 and frosken, or if it will get on a later ship?

What I understand from earlier posts, are Norwegian cars shipped directly by container carrier to Norway. Other deliveries of European cars, inside EU, are shipped to the Nederlands (Tilburg) first.

Did you get any updates along the way after production had completed? I haven't heard anything from my DS after the initial standard email. Very curious if my car is indeed on its way or if its waiting for more norwegian friends to travel with:wink:
Nope, no further updates after the car was finished. But others who had their car finished at the same time as mine got information about what ship their car was on. From there I could follow the car over the Atlantic to the Nederlands and could make a pretty good guestimate of the following trip over the North Sea.

Nope, no further updates after the car was finished. But others who had their car finished at the same time as mine got information about what ship their car was on. From there I could follow the car over the Atlantic to the Nederlands and could make a pretty good guestimate of the following trip over the North Sea.

We should try to find out if we are all in the same boat:) and when it will be on a boat :)

As an aside, one way to test this theory is by simply visiting a Tesla Service Center on a nice hot day.

Rest your hand on the same spot on several different cars. The only one where you'll be able to rest it for more than a few seconds will be a white car, followed by silver. After that, they're all hot, with the dark colors and black being nearly untouchable.

I've used a hand-held laser temperature sensor from Harbor Freight to measure the temps, and IIRC, the dark colors are about 20 to 30 degrees warmer. Interior temps were not quite as dramatic, but still much warmer inside, I think about half the exterior temperature difference.

Feel free to validate when it's hot and sunny.

Best with your new color--you'll like it!

Lol, I guess we did make the right move after all. Emailed my DS yesterday, color has been changed officially and he made a point to tell me that I can't change my options anymore, I'm all "locked in". Your comment makes the decision feel better and my DS called me today with the news that changes were approved and stressed the same, dark colors are not the best way to go in Florida. I thought he was just trying to validate me, but I also see the point and makes sense now that you break it down like that.

In all fairness, white was one of my top options to start with. As stupid as it may seem, we went with blue because I didn't want 21" rims and we had not seen a good set of 20" rims that we liked for the white car. Until I showed my wife this picture, http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...rmarket-wheels?p=862667&viewfull=1#post862667

The TSW Nurburgrind wheels were also top of my list for aftermarket wheels but we wanted a silver color and my wife said she didn't like how the silver looked in the blue car, so we decided on other wheels. As a side note, I ordered my car with red calipers but wasn't thrilled about the contrast with the blue car. In addition, i initially ordered the car with carbon spoiler but took it out because I felt it was a waste on the blue car as it didn't stand out enough. Suffice to say I am very happy with our option now, and have added back in the spoiler. Everything contrasts well, the wheels look great, and to top it off I saw a white Model S today on highway 4 and just loved it!

I did go with the Pearl White as I like the metallic look and the richer look.

I can't believe how quiet this thread is now. I guess there are only a handful of us getting P85Ds in the upcoming months as the S85Ds ar ramping up now. Not much to report anyway though I have been told that my car should start building soon and will be delivered around the 27th to the 29th of January. I thiink he said end of line January 21 but although my understanding of EOL is that this is when build starts, my DS seemed to be talking about build completion so I'm really not sure what to expect. I'm supposed to be traveling overseas at the beginning of February so I'd like to pin it down further; however, I've learned from my previous experience that even production complete isn't something that can be planned on.