Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw mine at the Service Center (as it came off the truck). Front and rear NextGens :) Fantastic condition. I will hopefully have it by noon.

Sweet!
I'm 9 days and counting in production. May have hit another black hole so I'll go back to the black hole thread and languish until I have something positive to report. Will hang out here vicariously. :)

gpetti, we are rooting for you. I hope to get mine soon. Here is an item of interest:
My Purchase agreement dated Dec. 22, says Model Year 2014 and Odometer reading of 50 km.
Revised agreement dated Jan. 15, says Model Year 2015 and Odometer reading of 100 km.
But VIN year is still "E" and both have a delivery date of 12/28/2014.
Did they take it for a few spins on their track while it was enjoying the CA sun?
The new agreement does show the Premium Interior Package price reduction. Remains to be seen what seats are installed and if I won the heated wheel lottery.

I finally got a hold of my DS today and he had good news for me. He said my car had started its "journey towards Norway" and that it had nextgen seats front and back. Only thing he could not confirm either way was hif the car would have heated steering wheel or not. We had to wait until the car came to Norway for that.

According to him my car was still on schedule for a late february delivery:)

Fantastic, first Norwegian spreadsheet/tmc car heading here I guess! Your car was production complete new years eve if I read the spreadsheet right, and a 2015 VIN, good timing! Do you know if the journey start refers to leaving dock at NY or leaving the factory?

Fantastic, first Norwegian spreadsheet/tmc car heading here I guess! Your car was production complete new years eve if I read the spreadsheet right, and a 2015 VIN, good timing! Do you know if the journey start refers to leaving dock at NY or leaving the factory?
Leaving the factory. I was told that he would get back to me when it was actually on a boat.

The car did indeed finish production, the first time, on new years eve. But it was pulled back into production for some reason. My DS hinted that it might be related to a heated steering wheel, but my feeling is that he was just adding that comment since I had asked about that previously.

gray with front next gen seats
Same as me! :)

- - - Updated - - -

gpetti, we are rooting for you. I hope to get mine soon. Here is an item of interest:
My Purchase agreement dated Dec. 22, says Model Year 2014 and Odometer reading of 50 km.
Revised agreement dated Jan. 15, says Model Year 2015 and Odometer reading of 100 km.
But VIN year is still "E" and both have a delivery date of 12/28/2014.
Did they take it for a few spins on their track while it was enjoying the CA sun?
The new agreement does show the Premium Interior Package price reduction. Remains to be seen what seats are installed and if I won the heated wheel lottery.
Is my Purchase Agreement in My Tesla website? I feel like I haven't signed anything...? No Docusign or anything else.

Edit: just checked my Purchase Agreement and it still says $4,600 for Premium interior but I'm told I got a heated steering wheel so maybe it will turn into a $1,000 heated steering wheel? LOL

Last edited:
Same as me! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is my Purchase Agreement in My Tesla website? I feel like I haven't signed anything...? No Docusign or anything else.
I'm pretty sure you should have already done the docusign process. I've already done mine for my next car that is still in production. Mine came via email so you might want to check your junk may or possibly the my Documents part of your my Tesla.

While this may vary from state to state, I bought both my Model S (June 2013 and December 2014) outright - no financing. On the first one I received the DocuSign documents and electronically signed them. On this last one I never received anything via DocuSign. My DS told me that they no longer used DocuSign unless I was financing.

Mike

While this may vary from state to state, I bought both my Model S (June 2013 and December 2014) outright - no financing. On the first one I received the DocuSign documents and electronically signed them. On this last one I never received anything via DocuSign. My DS told me that they no longer used DocuSign unless I was financing.

Mike
Interesting. I did the lease option. Will ask my DS. Thx.

I received my Purchase agreement for DocuSign via Email on Dec. 22, 2014. Once I signed it was returned counter signed by the Regional Delivery Manager and it also appeared under Documents on the My Tesla website. A revised document appeared on the website on Jan. 15, 2015. 3s-a-charm, check your website.

Anyone receive an email similar to this? It seems weird for Tesla to try and push their older seat, must have something to do with the next gen seat shortage. I called and told them I want my rear seats to be next gen.

"I just tried reaching out a moment ago to see how you would like your seats configured in your P85D. Customers have told us that the larger rear seat bolsters prevent the seats from lying completely flush when folded down, and that this inconvenience outweighs the other enhancements the seats offer. That being said, you have two options. You can keep the Next Generation Front and Rear seats, or just keep the Next Generation front seats and have the standard leather rear seat.

There will be no change in pricing or delivery timing."

• Disagree
Reactions: Daddy S
Anyone receive an email similar to this? It seems weird for Tesla to try and push their older seat, must have something to do with the next gen seat shortage. I called and told them I want my rear seats to be next gen.

"I just tried reaching out a moment ago to see how you would like your seats configured in your P85D. Customers have told us that the larger rear seat bolsters prevent the seats from lying completely flush when folded down, and that this inconvenience outweighs the other enhancements the seats offer. That being said, you have two options. You can keep the Next Generation Front and Rear seats, or just keep the Next Generation front seats and have the standard leather rear seat.

There will be no change in pricing or delivery timing."

There is lots of discussion of this in the threads about the Next Generation seats. Pretty much everyone with cars about to go into production are getting called or emailed. Check those threads for more details.