Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TRADE-IN and Down payment question

xpxgizmo

Feb 21, 2021
Los Angeles
Hello all! I ordered a 2021 SR MY and have the VIN # and the option to pay the downpayment. I wasn't going to trade-in my vehicle but I changed my mind. I got a quote from the Tesla site and it's good for 7 days. My questions is, can I apply that trade-in value after ordering? I don't see an option to do that.

ALSO:
Does anyone know if I can pay the downpayment with different bank accounts?

wynnek

Feb 15, 2021
Hello all! I ordered a 2021 SR MY and have the VIN # and the option to pay the downpayment. I wasn't going to trade-in my vehicle but I changed my mind. I got a quote from the Tesla site and it's good for 7 days. My questions is, can I apply that trade-in value after ordering? I don't see an option to do that.

ALSO:
Does anyone know if I can pay the downpayment with different bank accounts?
I'm sure you can apply the trade-in value after ordering, however, I would check with other places. I recently ordered the same model as you (hoping to get delivery on 2/25) and Tesla offered me only $12,200 for my 2015 Jeep Cherokee while I sold it to Carmax for $15,000.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC